PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice Article By Bob Ryan - Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptmorgan04

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...6/10/06/element_of_surprise_is_still_kicking/

Thought this was a very good artilce today by Bob Ryan and didnt see it posted elsewhere. With all the doom and gloom by not only the usual suspects in the media but by our own fans it says what some of us were trying to last week before the bengals game... to appreciate and enjoy what the Pats have done and are still in the midst of doing because it really is something special and we are lucky to have had the success as fans and still have the possibility for more.

That was a great article and thanks for pointing it out.

Ryan is right. I for one didn't appreciate what the 80's Celtics did until it was too late. I'm damn sure going to enjoy every minute of what this currents Pats team has been able to accomplish over the past 5 years (and counting). Who knows when we'll see anything like it again.

That is a fantastic article :rocker:

best piece the Gobe has EVER written on this team.

now let me preach to the choir: NE (and football fans in general) will regret taking these guys for granted (...we're very probably only halfway through the greatest sustained run in NFL history).

it is pretty amazing the run we have had and in 15 years where it will be placed among both new england sports history and NFL history. The best part about it is as much as people want to and have tried to say it is done, I really dont see it happening as long as we are stocked in teh draft, have BB and SP.
I think those two running our front office is really the limit as to how long we can be a true competitor in this current run.

the taildragger said:

now let me preach to the choir: NE (and football fans in general) will regret taking these guys for granted (...we're very probably only halfway through the greatest sustained run in NFL history).

It was Bob Ryan, not the Globe, which also employs that toad Borges, who wrote this. Maybe you should send him an appreciative email. He usually replies.

You beat me to it. This was an excellent article and I was surprised someone hadn't posted it earlier. Probably wasn't negative so no one cared.

There are several good points in the article but the two the Pats fans need to remember follow:

"every once in a while people need reminding that the coach still knows what he's doing"

"For you and me, the time to reflect has already begun. Be grateful every day that you've had, and still have, the New England Patriots in your life."

As a 40+ year Patriot fan this is the best of times and I wish more Patriot fans were able to enjoy it without the anguish and displeasure we see posted here so often.

vyrago said:
It was Bob Ryan, not the Globe, which also employs that toad Borges, who wrote this. Maybe you should send him an appreciative email. He usually replies.

THat's a good idea. I just did.

yeah, enjoy this, folks!

the taildragger said:

i remember umpteen years where the home team didn't have a chance, before the season even started, of making the playoffs.
i remember opening a season wiith tommy hodson as the starting QB. i remember games where scott secules was the starter. tommy owen. the starting RB was horace ivory. vagas ferguson. reggie dupard. one sunday bob gladieux, sitting in the stands with about 3 beers in him, was called on the LOUDSPEAKERS to be the starting RB.
so shut yer mouths, you fans who have, like, 15 or 20 years in with our boys.
every playoff year is like a dream for some of us.

Last edited:
I just emailed him as well... his email address is at the bottom of the article.

bishbash said:
His e-mail address is [email protected].

Yes, it is quite the anti borges-type article!
Heh bish, if Ian doesn't want us posting writer's addresses for the bad stuff, we should do the same for the good stuff. I'd recommend a personal message to py, or referring him to the end of the article. :cool:

Last edited:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=161039&format=&page=1

this is another good one from the Herald (lately it seems like Tony Massarotti has been as posisitve as possible for the pats) on not one player such as Watson standing out every week. Throw to the open guy and do what works that given day etc
3 great reads in one day for the Pats makes my day out here in the Gulf of Mexico!!!

kptmorgan04 said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=161039&format=&page=1

this is another good one from the Herald (lately it seems like Tony Massarotti has been as posisitve as possible for the pats) on not one player such as Watson standing out every week. Throw to the open guy and do what works that given day etc
3 great reads in one day for the Pats makes my day out here in the Gulf of Mexico!!!
Other than an unnecessary and ignorant-of-recent-history jab at Caldwell, this was both entertaining and reaffirming. What's your research on this trip?

Cramden said:
That was a great article and thanks for pointing it out.

Ryan is right. I for one didn't appreciate what the 80's Celtics did until it was too late. I'm damn sure going to enjoy every minute of what this currents Pats team has been able to accomplish over the past 5 years (and counting). Who knows when we'll see anything like it again.

Hey remember or if your not old enough let me point it out to you, before there were the 80's celtics there were the even more incredible 60's celtics and some pretty good 70's teams. It can happen again - and again

DESERTPAT said:
Hey remember or if your not old enough let me point it out to you, before there were the 80's celtics there were the even more incredible 60's celtics and some pretty good 70's teams. It can happen again - and again
I'll worry about the 'agains' after this little episode slows down to mediocrity - and that may not even be after BB/SP move on or lay down arms, those Krafty folks are just as likely to demonstrate that coach Troy Brown can field championship teams too. :p

Re: yeah, enjoy this, folks!

ilduce06410 said:
i remember umpteen years where the home team didn't have a chance, before the season even started, of making the playoffs.
i remember opening a season wiith tommy hodson as the starting QB. i remember games where scott secules was the starter. tommy owen. the starting RB was horace ivory. vagas ferguson. reggie dupard. one sunday bob gladieux, sitting in the stands with about 3 beers in him, was called on the LOUDSPEAKERS to be the starting RB.
so shut yer mouths, you fans who have, like, 15 or 20 years in with our boys.
every playoff year is like a dream for some of us.

I remember how wildly optimistic I was when **** McPherson was hired. I remember that we seemed to blow EVERY game. I think we finished up 6-10 his first year and it was like a major triumph.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Other than an unnecessary and ignorant-of-recent-history jab at Caldwell, this was both entertaining and reaffirming. What's your research on this trip?
I am a Mate on a seismic research boat... basically looking for new oil patches in the Gulf of Mexico.... The best part about being on this boat though is the access to internet and NFL Ticket, so I actually get to see more Pats now then I do in Jersey in the middle of Eagles country!

kptmorgan04 said:
I am a Mate on a seismic research boat... basically looking for new oil patches in the Gulf of Mexico.... The best part about being on this boat though is the access to internet and NFL Ticket, so I actually get to see more Pats now then I do in Jersey in the middle of Eagles country!
You have to love those underway perks! :D

That last sentence is so amazing that I HAVE to use it as my new signature...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back