PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFPs Biggs: Patriots could be in the market for a backup QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPF

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Biggs: Patriots could be in the market for a backup QB | National Football Post

I would like to preface this by saying I feel Brady will be ok and under center for Week 1 but I feel like we need a better option at #2. O'Connell needs more time and is better suited in the #3 role for now.

Do not be surprised if New England gets into the market for a backup quarterback.

A league source said the Patriots were investigating some options even before Tom Brady left Friday night’s preseason game at Washington early with what the club will only say is a sore right shoulder at this point. Brady was pinned between a hard spot and an immovable object when Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth drilled him into the turf at FedEx Field late in the second quarter. The plan was for him to play into the third quarter but he did not return to the game.

I know some will say Cassel was horrible in the preseason last year and look what he did but he was in the system for 4 yrs. O'Connell still has that rookie look and Walter just doesn't have "it."

From the available QBs out there I like Tyler Thigpen. He has good size, is a good athlete who moves well in the pocket. He has a strong arm and throws well on the move. He does force some passes into tight spots because he believes in his strong arm and thinks he can fit it in there but overall he's a QB with moxie who I believe an NFL team can win with.

Thoughts.

Mods - BFP posted this at the same time as I posted another thread on the same topic. Can they please be merged. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back