Welcome to PatsFans.com

NFP Super 30

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by reamer, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reamer

reamer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Have any of my fellow draft fiends seen this yet? Wes Bunting, the well-intentioned but easily-excited scout from our favorite football site, has released his top 30 list.

Particularly strange is that he left Spikes, Hardy, Norwood, and Weatherspoon off his list. If that's really how the cookie crumbles, we could pick up a couple of those guys with our second rounders. I'd been ecstatic. :D

I'm skeptical, though, and curious to see if others agree with his rankings. They seem overly reactionary to me, based on the few college games already played this season. Still, the possibility that we could land a true playmaker at LB is strangely tantalizing.
  2. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +126 / 2 / -2

#54 Jersey

Nate Solder - a 4.80 40 yard dash at 6' 9" and 305lbs?

Sign me up right here right now.
  3. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 0 / -1

You're right, the "near misses" make a great draft by themselves. Plus some guys who didn't even make the near miss list: Sergio Kindle, who was once considered a top 10 prospect, and Corey Wooten. There's also some guys in the mid-20's like Jonathan Dwyer and Derrick Morgan who could be enticing.

Actually though, Bunting's list is too much dominated by recent performances - it seems a bit trendy. Jake Locker as the #1 prospect? Wouldn't you like to see him sustain his success over the course of the season before making that claim? Jahvid Best at #8? He's had a great season so far, but that seems a bit high, even right now. Ricky Sapp at #11? He's had 2 good games in a row, but a few weeks ago he wasn't a 1st round pick on most charts. Again, I'd like to see him sustain it before jumping on the bandwagon. Plus Brian Bulaga at #4? Great talent, but there are medical issues to be answered.

There will be a lot of talent available for our 4 1st day picks. A lot.
  4. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 0 / -1

5. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 4 / -5

Dante Scarnecchia approves of this post. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.