PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFP Mock Draft-Second Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeebus...going back to the original post, Denver ends up with Curry and Sintim. Can we trade drafts with them? Curry-DJ Williams-Sintim is one young, sick LB corps.

Tedy Bruschi's HC @ Arizona, **** Tomey, who now is the HC @ San Jose St could give Bruschi the inside scoop on this guy, but I like him a lot:

Has an excellent first step off the snap and can get up field. Shed blocks well. Played DT in college but would play DE in the Pats scheme. Excellent size (6-6, 280) and athletic ability and reminds me of former Broncos and current Ravens DE Trevor Pryce. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Pats take this kid in the 2nd Rd with one of their picks. Initially projected as a 5th Rd pick but is already flying up the boards to the 2nd/3rd Rd area.

Official Patriots Football Weekly Blog Blog Archive You Tube pool jumper has New England connection

You Tube pool jumper has New England connection
Written by Erik Scalavino on February 22, 2009 – 11:01 am -

One player who’s making a name for himself off the field is helping his reputation on it. San Jose State’s Jarron Gilbert, a defensive tackle, became a You Tube sensation recently for his superhero-like workouts, including one where he leaps out of the shallow end of an in-ground pool.

YouTube - Jarron Gilbert jumps out of pool

This past fall, the Patriots practiced at San Jose State’s facilities during their two West Coast trips. The team was, of course, focused on winning their games those weeks and there was little opportunity for Gilbert to have any direct contact with Pats coaches or scouts.

But when I asked him yesterday about the Patriots being at SJSU, Gilbert told me he did mingle with some of the players in the weight room during both visits. So, chances are, Gilbert is someone who’s been on New England’s radar ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back