Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The latest National Football Post 2 round mock is out:

The National Football Post | NFP Monday Mock Draft

They have the Pats taking Brian Cushing at 23, Jarius Byrd at 47, and Troy Kropog at 58. Some other noteworthy picks:

- The top 4 OTs going in the top 8 picks: ASmith #1 (Detroit), Monroe #2 (StL), JSmith #6 (Cincy), and Oher #8 (Jax)
- Everett Brown going #5 to Mangina.
- BJ Raji going #11 to Buffalo.
- Aaron Maybin going #15 to Houston.
- Rey-Rey going #16 to SD.
- Mark Sanchez going #17 to the Jest.
- Sean Smith going #24 to Atlanta.
- Cliff Sintim going #48 (one pick after Byrd)

My views on Cushing are known.
Byrd is an attractive pick, big ballhawking CB who has been more productive than Sean Smith, I like him at FS.
Kropog didn't have a good Senior Bowl and I never caught any Tulane games though patchick has been high on him. I'm just not comfortable taking Kropog here when the OL "need" in my mind is for someone to replace Hochstein and compete with Yates and Connelly.

My views on Cushing are known.
Byrd is an attractive pick, big ballhawking CB who has been more productive than Sean Smith, I like him at FS.
Kropog didn't have a good Senior Bowl and I never caught any Tulane games though patchick has been high on him. I'm just not comfortable taking Kropog here when the OL "need" in my mind is for someone to replace Hochstein and compete with Yates and Connelly.

I agree with you about Kropog. I don't like the OT values in this draft after the top 6. I like the late 2nd/3rd round values at OG/C much better, and feel we could find a better use for someone like Eric Wood or Trevor Canfield.

I agree with you about Kropog. I don't like the OT values in this draft after the top 6. I like the late 2nd/3rd round values at OG/C much better, and feel we could find a better use for someone like Eric Wood or Trevor Canfield.
There are some decent OT values in the later rounds to consider...

Nebraska's Murtha
Houston's Volmer
Cen. Michigan's Hartline

...to name three.

If only things actually played out this way, the Lions would do well to pass on Cassel. I don't see him as a guy to build a franchise around. With a haul of Andre Smith, a top-tier LB, and Freeman at QB, the Lions could come up in spades in a year or two and finally end their agony....and Thanksgiving games might be fun to watch again. :)

With Sean Smith sitting there, I would take him for FS instead of Cushing.

With Sean Smith sitting there, I would take him for FS instead of Cushing.

I like Sean Smith at 23 and either Connor Barwin or Clint Sintim at 47. With their draft I could see us trading 58 for a 2010 pick, picking a CB such as Darius Butler, or an OL (but probably not an OT like Kropog).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes