Welcome to PatsFans.com

NFLTA: Quaterbacks - Best in the Biz

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Calciumee, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

Top 5 QBs

Warren Sapp chose these - I don't why they chose a D-Lineman to choose offensive players. But;

5. Jay Cutler
    4. Donovan McNabb
    3. Drew Brees
    2. Peyton Manning
    1. Tom Brady

Patriots actually got some love from NFL:TA!! I have only been watching NFL:TA for a year and a half (it's the only thing we get over here) and they have probably given love to the Patriots 5 times maybe 10!

And one of them was Randy Moss getting no.1 WR in the Biz!

2. farn

farn 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +40 / 2 / -0

I enjoy TA as well. Some on the board get all crazy everytime any commentator/former player says anything wrong about NE. I find that even if some of the opinions can be flawed at times, that overall it is a decent and informative show. I especially liked Scheffter - but now he's changed networks.

3. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I would go with Rivers at 3 over those other guys. I think Big Ben deserves a place in the top 5, too. I'd probably drop Cutler and McNabb.

4. ScottieC

ScottieC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Two time SB Champion not on the list? Those Steeler QB's never get respect. I'm ok with that. :)

5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It can't be true because every football magazine puts TB as the 'third' best QB. Who is #1 and #2? Drew Brees and PM.;)

6. Bartmac36

Bartmac36 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No way Cutler is on that list, and Brees is ahead of Manning as of now...

5. McNabb
    4. Rivers
    3. Manning
    2. Brees
    1. Brady

I also happen to have more faith in Tony Romo than most others...

7. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +636 / 0 / -3

I know one list was Sapp's and the other was put together by Steve Wyche, but I still find it mildly amusing that the show's current top five ranking has Brady ahaead of Manning, while the top ten of all time has their order reversed.

1. Johnny Unitas
    2. Joe Montana
    3. Peyton Manning
    4. Tom Brady
    5. Brett Favre
    6. Dan Marino
    7. John Elway
    8. Y.A. Tittle
    9. Warren Moon
    10. Troy Aikman

Now Steeler fans can rail about how they're disrespected on both lists.

8. RDS11

RDS11 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's always subjective when one is doing a list of the 'best ever' but that being said, 8 of those 10 QBs played as recently as the 90's. Passing formations were introduced 70+ years ago. There's no way 8 of the 10 best QBs ever played in the last 15 years.

And there's no way anybody can place Moon into the top 10. Just no way. He is probably the least deserving hall of famer. Average efficiency stats and no championship (ok, he won some in the CFL, but so did Flutie).

9. capetide

capetide Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I can see why, given his record in December and January :)

10. Sivy

Sivy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I watch that show all the time, and they always praise the patriots, even marshal faulk has come along to giving credit where it was due. what was gay though was later on in that show they had the top 10 qbs of all time, and had brady at 4, and manning at 3. Rod did that list though I think, but still. Brady is better than manning.

11. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How come Schefter left? Or do I already know that...(Money). Used to like his snippets.

Anyways to put Cutler ahead of Roethlisberger is a bit of a joke IMO. Debate can certainly be had with McNabb above him also. Don't have much time for "Big Ben" but he's certainly above Jay IMO.

12. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

ESPN.

Warren's gonna feel like a real Sapp if KC Joyner's recent data pans out. Apparently Jay Cutler is about as proficient as Rex Grossman according to his analysis...

13. SyN65

SyN65 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

LOL. Brees ahead of Manning? Are you high?

As for the list, Cutler isn't a top 5 QB. McNabb at 4 is debatable. Rivers deserves to be on the list and you could make a case for Big Ben as well.

14. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Guess I'll have to check out the odd world of ESPN then :D

It's interesting analysis but my complete lack of any love for stats and the fact Cutler is by far the more talented and complete QB out of the two sort of puts this one in Mr Sapps court. Grossman made mistakes through pure lack of talent while Cutler's statistics come from his style of play and impatience in situations, bit like a certain QB who we all know and love.....

Not even sure what he's got to throw too in Chicago though, is Hester going to be more involved as a reciever this year...

15. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,123 / 17 / -4

#12 Jersey

McNabb and Cutler are not top-5 QBs. Rivers and Roethlisberger have a much better case.

16. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Grossman was set back by injury, and mishandled by Chicago from what I could see of him. I expect he'll just bounce around the league for the rest of his career with his confidence shot. Cutler had all the advantages Grossman never got and still sucks, I'll be mildly surprised if he amounts to much in Chicago.

17. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Apparently KC has been taking some intense flak from the windy city minnions who didn't like what his analysis revealed about Cutler:

Sorry, Bears Fans, Cutler Isn’t the Answer - The Fifth Down Blog - NYTimes.com

I think KC has nailed the rationale for Bears fans. Just not sure what all those NFL talking heads are thinking. Unless it's that they have too many games to watch and unable to watch them all just become mesmerized by gaudy albeit empty yardage stats. That and they want to hate on Josh because he's a BB disciple.

Cutler is like this year's Romo for mediots. They will soon tear him down to the chagrin of the Bears fans just like they are now tearing Tony down. It's what they do to cover their asses after jumping to ridiculous conclusions about a players talent (Romo was the next Brady...on and off the field) based on occasional flashes and wishful thinking. And the reality is when the Chicago fans finish with Lovie and their OC, Jay will enter their crosshairs with a lot more vitriol than Grossman or Orton had to bear because of overblown expectations. And I doubt Jay will handle it as gracefully. Which is why Jerry Angelo would be wise not to extend Cutler to that big deal he craves any time soon.

18. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +724 / 5 / -5

i dont mind mcnabb on that list. he has played a long time and gone to 5 nfc champ games and a superbowl. cutler is joke. how that list doesnt include rothlisberger esp after comeback wins last yr. ? sapp is just yapping.or maybe putting cutler up there just to keep the broncos and cutler in the news .
    And...how is brett favre not the top QB. :)

19. Pragmatic Bus

Pragmatic Bus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I believe they also took regular season into account. Big Ben doesn't have the gawdy statistics the media adores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.