PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLTA:Pats Record -Smoke and mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
haters_Haters_Gonna_Hate-s526x350-62877-580.jpg

Like the JETS record isn't about smoke and mirrors given they were a missed point after (not to mention a fragile as glass QB) away from losing back to back games coming off their bye to the mighty Lions...

Like the JETS record isn't about smoke and mirrors given they were a missed point after (not to mention a fragile as glass QB) away from losing back to back games coming off their bye to the mighty Lions...

No s#$t!

I have several friends that are Jets fans, and even they admit alot of fortune has befallen that team this year.

-Favre did everything to HAND them that Monday night game. He kicked the ball around like his name was Pele. And they STILL almost won in the second half.

-4th down PI in the Denver game. No saying the call wasn't correct. But the outcome was most definitly born of luck. Not to mention there was a TON of dropped INT's for Sanchez in that game.

-Lions game. Good lord. If they don't lose there kicker, they get the extra point. Which makes it a 4pt game with a little over a min. to go. No timeouts for the Jets. I mean, MAYBE they could score the TD, but I wouldn't have bet on it. Plus, with a TD lead, I'm sure the Lions run on that 3rd down play and take the clock under a min.

I still say you make your own luck, and the Jets are a good football team. But anyone that says our record is smoke and mirrors needs to open their eyes to other things around them.

Beating one team with a winning record is nothing to crow about.

well it is somewhat true..pats have only beat 1 good team...ravens...

No s#$t!

I have several friends that are Jets fans, and even they admit alot of fortune has befallen that team this year.

-Favre did everything to HAND them that Monday night game. He kicked the ball around like his name was Pele. And they STILL almost won in the second half.

-4th down PI in the Denver game. No saying the call wasn't correct. But the outcome was most definitly born of luck. Not to mention there was a TON of dropped INT's for Sanchez in that game.

-Lions game. Good lord. If they don't lose there kicker, they get the extra point. Which makes it a 4pt game with a little over a min. to go. No timeouts for the Jets. I mean, MAYBE they could score the TD, but I wouldn't have bet on it. Plus, with a TD lead, I'm sure the Lions run on that 3rd down play and take the clock under a min.

I still say you make your own luck, and the Jets are a good football team. But anyone that says our record is smoke and mirrors needs to open their eyes to other things around them.

Had the Jets gone into Cleveland last week they would have lost. The Pats getting crushed last week gave them a heads up to what Cleveland is capable of at home. Still not remotely impressed with their win today, especially given the aforementioned circumstances. They knew it would be a tough game and they barely got the win. I thought they were supposed to be invincible?

Both teams aren't as good as their records would appear to make them seem.

Well, they sure handled them Steelers, who were #1 in rankings getting into this game... so... smoke and mirrors, still? :)

Well, they sure handled them Steelers, who were #1 in rankings getting into this game... so... smoke and mirrors, still? :)

I was thinking the same thing. It's so week to week around this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes