PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL's Officiating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphys95

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'm not one to normally complain about officiating, especially after the fact. The Pats lost (flat out) regardless of the penalties, that's not my point. But, watching the Saints/Cowboys game shows just how poorly trained some NFL officials are and how the league has NOT improved since last season's playoff debacles.

In the Pats/Dolphins game all three "roughing the passer" calls were absurd. Apparently now it's roughing to have a quarterback trip over a defender. The other two calls (one against Miami, one against NE) were weak.

In the Cowboys/Saints game, the officials completely miss two calls against the Cowboys. One a clear 15 yard face mask which spun the ball carrier down. The other a "horse collar" in front of the side judge.

The league spends so much of its money and efforts on promoting its product in Mexico, China, and Europe when it should be focusing more on improving its glaring weaknesses. I don't have the answers, but officiating needs to be consistent throughout a game (if not througout the league). Perhaps some of the advertising dollars the NFL is pouring into other countries could be used for goal line cameras, improved technologies, or better/consistent training of its officials.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't have the answers
How about making penalties reviewable. So the ref could say :

"After review, we look like complete morons because the QB tripped over an innocent defender. The call is overturned".

You're right, it's a joke and it's making a mockery out of the game. Heck I was upset about the roughing on Brady, that was BS too.

I cant believe that Belichick just stood there and took the bad call without saying a freaking word.
Did they show him after the play ? I don't recall it. Regardless, they weren't going to change it.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the Dallas game. But, after all the media from local to ESPN and FOXSports exposed how incompetent the officiating was in last years playoffs I thought it may improve. Instead it has only got worse and the NFL made me take my clips showing how bad the officiating is down from YouTube. Oh well. Good to see the NFL has its priorities straight. :p

Got to hand it to the Phins today too. They didn't jump offsides, hold, interfere with passes...they were just perfect. ;)

P.S. I'm in no way saying the officials lost this one for the Pats. This is one they clearly lost all on their own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back