PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL's 10 Most Controversial Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
u can just tell Pacman is on drugs by the pick.

man...Merriman is such a tool...

SI Hack said:
Taylor has had legal problems since entering the NFL. He faced felony assault charges from a 2005 incident in Miami, but eventually reached an agreement with prosecutors that resulted in just community service. Taylor is also controversial for his hard hits on the field. At this year's Pro Bowl, the Redskins safety laid a devastating hit on Bills punter Brian Moorman.

Hitting hard is controversial? This explains why Rodney is considered a low-class guy. Personally I think projectile kissing Mike Pittman was the most controversial thing Taylor did on a field.

Also, how does Sean Taylor get away with accessorizing his facemask like this?
taylor.cut.jpg
The NFL has rigorously fined that team for improper attire in the past - Portis' socks were one fine - so did the fun nazis just miss that completely?

eh if he was yours you'd love it

nah man, if anyone on this team took a picture like that, i would make fun of him. I like players that have class, not people who get nicknamed for knocking out players in highschool, and then completely getting engrossed in it. Merriman is one of the most classless losers in this league. He is like the defensive TO. He may very well be my least favorite player in the league. I would not love it even if he was on this team.

I'm suprised Rodney didn't make the list. It seems like people are always on his case.

PS-Ricky's beard makes me want to take a shower.

Last edited:
Hitting hard is controversial? This explains why Rodney is considered a low-class guy. Personally I think projectile kissing Mike Pittman was the most controversial thing Taylor did on a field.

Also, how does Sean Taylor get away with accessorizing his facemask like this?
taylor.cut.jpg
The NFL has rigorously fined that team for improper attire in the past - Portis' socks were one fine - so did the fun nazis just miss that completely?

hes been fined for it but he doesnt wear it every game.

Before I opened the link I tried to guess who would be in the top ten.

I was right with six of my picks (Terrell Owens, Pacman Jones, Randy Moss, Jeremy Shockey, Michael Vick, Chris Henry)

I completely forgot about Tank Johnson and Rickey Williams. I forgot about Merriman too, but I still don't think he would have made my top ten. Sean Taylor wouldn't be in my top ten either.

My four incorrect guesses were:
Ray Lewis-accomplice in the murder of his limo driver? I forget the details

Keyshawn Johnson-is there anyone he didn't clash with? Even his first TD celebration was controversial

Warren Sapp-can he keep his mouth shut? Let's not forget his controversial hit on the GB Packers player that injured him for the year.

Kellen Winslow- reckless motorcycle riding, self proclaimed best tight end in the league; let's not forget his 'soldier' comment didnt go over well in college

I wouldn't call Pacman controversial.

I think most people agree that he's a POS.

And how about the picure of "Ron Mexico" applying chap stick. Any hidden message there?

And how about the picure of "Ron Mexico" applying chap stick. Any hidden message there?

haha I thought too when they mention the herpes allegations in the caption.

nah man, if anyone on this team took a picture like that, i would make fun of him. I like players that have class, not people who get nicknamed for knocking out players in highschool, and then completely getting engrossed in it. Merriman is one of the most classless losers in this league. He is like the defensive TO. He may very well be my least favorite player in the league. I would not love it even if he was on this team.
oh so you're not an ellis hobbs fan, ok fair enough

oh so you're not an ellis hobbs fan, ok fair enough

Ellis Hobbs doesn't make up his own dance which he uses even if he only touches a quarterback, take steroids, or send other classy and respected players novelty gifts to rub in their own team's superiority. But other than that, yeah they're the same.

Ellis Hobbs doesn't make up his own dance which he uses even if he only touches a quarterback, take steroids, or send other classy and respected players novelty gifts to rub in their own team's superiority. But other than that, yeah they're the same.

jcdavey, is Merriman "one of yours"? Then stop getting so upset. Merriman is a roid-raging idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down