PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLpa.org: Warfield signed for 2 years/$1.43 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good info...not big money at all.....

He's playing for peanuts,the Patriots really are cheap.

Last edited:
Very good value for depth and experience...

MrTibbs said:

I wish I could have some of those peanuts. ;)

MrTibbs said:

The Pats stick to their guns. They are what they are, and they aren't going to change it.

As their mantra goes, "draft, draft, draft, draft, draft, vet. min. wage FA, draft, draft, draft"

MrTibbs said:

What should he be paid? Warfield is no Ty Law, IMO.
This is a low risk signing. If it doesn't work out, they can cut him without taking on a huge dead money cap hit.

The only people that will get big money this offseason are Seymour/Branch, and our first round pick.

Last edited:
wow
i thought hed get a lil more than that

that really is a great signing

plus it makes it easier to cut him if he does horrible in camp, or if a rookie etc does nasty

great great deal

MrTibbs said:

I am sure you would much prefer we overpay Warfield and others so that we can not have enough money to spread the wealth by rewarding our middle tier players (the Patriots have more 1MM + players than anyone in the NFL).

It's all about how to spend those dollars - last time I checked, your cheap pats spend all that they can as wisely as anybody in the NFL as evidenced by their success.

I am sure you were speaking in jest, but for those that actually believe you - I decided to answer.

Boy, I agree, this was an excellent signing for that kind of money. The value card gets kicked around a lot but this deal does have tremendous value as it stands. if Warfield should end up playing really well then this contract becomes brilliant.

Any signing bonus?

JJDChE said:
Pretty good contract then. 710K/720K can't be much above the vet min for a guy of his service.
Did he get no other calls from any other teams?

Either way it doesnt matter because we get a good player to come here and compete but i was just interested.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Did he get no other calls from any other teams?
With both him and Caldwell you would have to assume not. Or maybe they were offered a little more money but for more than 2 years. Getting a short deal with a team (Patriots) that tends to utilize it's players well could be a decent investment - more for Caldwell, though, being younger.

Teams must have been far more concerned about his drinking problem going forward than his mother is. Corners being at a premium, and this guy having at least average #2 skills, the spectre of one and done for the season under the League Substance Abuse Program has to have just about killed his market. There is a risk inherent in just counting on this guy. Apparently Belioli felt we had the depth and experience in dealing with potantial traumatic CB losses and a clubhouse full of guys who will try to support him off the field to be willing to risk the roster spot against the reward he gets through the season without falling off the wagon and plays well in the process.

did he leave KC over money?

MrTibbs said:
i think that's the veteran minimum for 8 years in the league.
surely there are some incentive/escalator clauses in there.

they must be very confident

MoLewisrocks said:
Teams must have been far more concerned about his drinking problem going forward than his mother is. Corners being at a premium, and this guy having at least average #2 skills, the spectre of one and done for the season under the League Substance Abuse Program has to have just about killed his market. There is a risk inherent in just counting on this guy. Apparently Belioli felt we had the depth and experience in dealing with potantial traumatic CB losses and a clubhouse full of guys who will try to support him off the field to be willing to risk the roster spot against the reward he gets through the season without falling off the wagon and plays well in the process.
BB/SP don't seem to me to be the types who take chances on people. they must be REALLY impressed with some aspects of warfield's persona.
A clubhouse full of guys who'll support him will be critically important. being anywhere around it was very unsettling for me for my first 5 years. after that. i've gotten desensitized. none of it bothers me, but i wouldn't spend a lot of time out with the boys at foxy lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back