NFLPA keeps players out of the information “loop”

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatch62

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
NFLPA keeps players out of the information “loopâ€

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5374588

“Several players have called FOXSports.com today to voice concern over not having enough information as to why they are stalemated. While the players may agree with Upshaw's stance, several have claimed they simply do not feel in the loop, including several player reps. Upshaw's executive committee has been kept in the fold with regards to the dealings.
The player reps and Upshaw are not slated to meet on the current state of negotiations until next week. Until then, Bloody Thursday will continue.â€

Shouldn’t the player reps be kept in the loop by Upshaw and his committee? How can Upshaw not even have a meeting with the player reps until AFTER all the cut are made?

shatch62 said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5374588

Shouldn’t the player reps be kept in the loop by Upshaw and his committee? How can Upshaw not even have a meeting with the player reps until AFTER all the cut are made?

Yep. Unfortunately the launch sequence has begun, and there's no stopping it until it runs its course.

If you were a fiduciary ... playing Russian roulette like this ... with the financial futures of 1500 or so people (big fellows, noted for their aggressiveness) ... whom would you keep in the loop?

flutie2phelan said:
If you were a fiduciary ... playing Russian roulette like this ... with the financial futures of 1500 or so people (big fellows, noted for their aggressiveness) ... whom would you keep in the loop?
Correct. Negotiations are best done with as few people as possible. The more involved, the louder the disparate voices. Each side neeeds a voice, not 1500 or 1800 voices.

The players need to have a personb they trust to do a good job, and live or die by that.

Besides, the players know why the talks are stalemated. "The number must begin with a six." That's straightforward and anyone can understand that.

spacecrime said:
Correct. Negotiations are best done with as few people as possible. The more involved, the louder the disparate voices. Each side neeeds a voice, not 1500 or 1800 voices.

The players need to have a personb they trust to do a good job, and live or die by that.

Besides, the players know why the talks are stalemated. "The number must begin with a six." That's straightforward and anyone can understand that.
But there should definitely be a chain of communication up and down. Upshaw to Exec Committee to Team Rep to Player and the reverse.

Again, I've heard to day that there are several high profile players that are very upset with the union. This may bring them back to the table.

But, how do you undo the damage that is going to be done?

spacecrime said:

The players need to have a person they trust to do a good job, and live or die by that.

I agree with the "one voice" principle, Tom.

But i doubt that you could fill a limo ... with those players who thought that giving up an extra 200K this season ... and possibly getting no paychecks at all two years hence ... was a reasonable price to pay to uphold a claim that The Number Must Begin With A Six.

flutie2phelan said:
I agree with the "one voice" principle, Tom.

But i doubt that you could fill a limo ... with those players who thought that giving up an extra 200K this season ... and possibly getting no paychecks at all two years hence ... was a reasonable price to pay to uphold a claim that The Number Must Begin With A Six.

Anyone have a logon to the NFLPA site? Where's Pasquarelli when you need him?

spacecrime said:

You're suppose to keep the people who are affected most by this in the loop and so ultimately they can vote on wether they like the deal or not. I think Upshaw has his own agenda.

I know yesterday both Upshaw and Troy Vincent were not talking to anyone and out of communication with the players. Frankly, I would think they would want to keep the players involved with what is going on...something union leaders do..(well good union leaders do..) The fact that he basically did that shows me his position is weak and that it will be quite soon that he is history. Frankly, up until this it has been in Gene we trust..but now that reality hot hard with cuts, players are having to understand what kind of league it will be in the future...and they don't like it!! I think Upshaw has a change of heart and a deal gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back