PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA* is a sham

Status
Not open for further replies.
im still for the players, but they are starting to act childish, the tweets by Brees, the whole draft thing now... now you wont even talk to the owners for 3 weeks when maybee you can solve something before then.../??? The owners brought this on themselves but the players now are begining to look like a rear end of the donkey...

Bottom line both are fools for letting it get to this, if this is still goin on in the summer then both will reap what they sew...

I believe the owners are getting the upper hand in terms of the public perception.....

up until last week, I was kind of leaning towards the players. their latest refusal along with following up with messages like this make me see them as 'I am going to hold my breath until I get my way'

it begins to justify jerry richardsons statement: 'I got screwed as a player, I'll be damned if I get screwed as an owner'

I don't get it. The owners have been all over the media blaming the players. Brees' comments are the reverse. Both sides are blaming the other in the media.

in my opinion, actions speak louder than words.....

how are the owners involved in this?

NFL Alumni continue to pressure NFLPA* | ProFootballTalk

But here’s the thing. NFL Alumni has strong ties to the NFL, and the NFLPA* has its own relationship with retired players, including two of them (Jim McFarland and Cornelius Bennett) as non-voting members of the Executive Committee. The league gave NFL Alumni a $1 million loan, interest free. And the fact that the league has been supporting the idea of Congressional pressure to force Smith to meet with Martin suggests that the league views the group as a possible tool for driving a wedge between current and former players, in the hopes of getting the players to eventually cave.

The alumni issue is obviously complicated. Something needs to be done. Apparently, the PA has its own alumni chapter concerns. I guess two different alumni groups are pit against one another--not to mention the fact that players in the past have always rejected alumni benefits. Now those players are alumni.

The alumni issue is obviously complicated. Something needs to be done. Apparently, the PA has its own alumni chapter concerns. I guess two different alumni groups are pit against one another--not to mention the fact that players in the past have always rejected alumni benefits. Now those players are alumni.

exactly........where are players most likely to find a satisfying career after their playing days are over.......for the NFLPA or the teams themselves?

I wonder what Andre Tippett thinks......or Pepper Johnson.....

its all a matter of perspective, I guess......and perception

and then there's adrian peterson.....

many players really are that stupid

The players union is a sham. They crossed picket lines when venders were on strike at various stadiums. The owners are just as bad a buch of greedy SOB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes