Welcome to PatsFans.com

NFLPA Draft Day Plans...

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by MoLewisrocks, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Gotta love the fact that the Union turned Association who offered as far back as 2010 to trade a top tier rookie salary cap and wage scale for the chance to maintain the status quo for it's present veteran members is the one organizing a solidarity event...complete with implied threats.

Read more: NFLPA draft boycott would disrupt NFL draft tradition - Peter King - SI.com
  2. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

This bugs me quite a bit more than anything that has happened so far. The draft is supposed to be a sort of a welcoming to the NFL, an event like a homecoming of sorts.
    For this whatever you call it union to pressure the kids who haven't played a down to give up their day is selfish imo. They really do make themselves look bad in this instance.
  3. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +222 / 17 / -2

Some of the kids will simply stay home and be interviewed. There is no union. It would be sad if players decided to voluntarily disrupt the draft, with no union backing, and no strike. It would seem that they are still under contract and subject to various clauses in their contract regard behavior. Obviously, union activity is not prohibited, but this will NOY be union activity, since there is no union.
  4. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

Union or no Union someone is pressuring these players not to attend. It's bogus in my book not appreciated in the least. I understand the need to get what is good and fair. But imo this isn't the way to do it.
  5. mgteich

Ratings:
    +222 / 17 / -2

In the end, if there is action, then the cause will need to be determined. Those involved shouldn't be allowed to be agents in the future.

6. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

who cares? In the end the player will still be drafted. The only thing this hurts is the players chance for a little celebration. It just cancels the dog and pony show on ESPN.
  7. mgteich

Ratings:
    +222 / 17 / -2

yes, all that is affected is that players will not be able to celebrate this important day in their lives. A day of anticipation and celebration would be turned into ugliness. And BTW, how would you feal if Mankins and Brady stood on a picket line in front of the draft, representing not the union, but some useless group of agents?

If all that matters is money, then you are right in saying who cares.

8. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

i dont think you interpreted my post as intended. The Players "Union" will only be hurting themselves if they boycott...robbing the players of the chance to a celebration. How is boycotting the draft going to hurt the owners?
  9. mgteich

Ratings:
    +222 / 17 / -2

I think that we agree.

The only folks the disrupters will be the players who celebration will be marred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.