PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN Top 100: 31-40 Makins/Wilfork

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelocatedPatFan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4696902/belichick-to-present-mankins-on-nfln
Offensive lineman Logan Mankins will be featured on NFL Network's "Top 100" players show Sunday night (8 p.m. ET), as players ranked 31-40 are featured. Mankins will be presented by Bill Belichick.

"Nothing bothers him," Belichick says in a preview clip of the show. "Mentally, he can fight through any situation. Physically, he's as tough as they come."

Belichick has regularly lauded Mankins as a player, both before Mankins' contract standoff in 2010 and after. So, on the surface, this doesn't represent any type of shift when it comes to the business side of Mankins' situation.

Mankins isn't the only Patriot to be featured Sunday night, as defensive lineman Vince Wilfork is also ranked between 31-40. Wilfork will be presented by fellow University of Miami alum Jonathan Vilma, the middle linebacker for the Saints.

As Mankins sees the business side and the player side of things, i doubt we'll get any sentimental discount on negotiations.

Last edited:
Is it bias to say that Vince should be 20-30 minimum?

Best nose tackle(one of the most important positions) in the NFL and really the guy that kept our defense somewhat respectable last year.

Among d-linemen i might rank only Ngata ahead of him...

Best nose tackle(one of the most important positions) in the NFL and really the guy that kept our defense somewhat respectable last year.

I think that it is a testament to his greatness that a NT in a read and react 3-4 was voted as high as he was. It's not a position that racks up stats.

I think that it is a testament to his greatness that a NT in a read and react 3-4 was voted as high as he was. It's not a position that racks up stats.
It's evident to most people that Wilfork is critically important to the defense and has performed to an exceptionally high level for some time. Nice to see that outsiders have noticed this too.

The Patriots have been pretty luck to see Ted Washington succeeded long term by someone as remarkable and resilient as Wilfork.

Last edited:
As all the players voted (their top 20), but haven't necessarily broken film down on some of these guys; I have to wonder how much of the voting went to reputation or stickign with the guys you know.

Meaning there may be a couple divisions that don't really get to know too many other players so how do they cast votes count.

Last edited:
It is interesting that Mankins is presented by Bill Belichick..

Well, there are 32 teams and you are saying that, on average, Wilfork would be the best player on some of those teams (assuming very few teams have 2 or more players that are better than Wilfork). As it is, the Patriots have 5 players in the top 64 (where 2 would be average).

Well, there are 32 teams and you are saying that, on average, Wilfork would be the best player on some of those teams (assuming very few teams have 2 or more players that are better than Wilfork). As it is, the Patriots have 5 players in the top 64 (where 2 would be average).

Just because there are 32 teams in the NFL that doesn't mean every team has to have 1 representitive in the top 32. And Wilfork would definately be the best player on a few teams in the league.

Just because there are 32 teams in the NFL that doesn't mean every team has to have 1 representitive in the top 32. And Wilfork would definately be the best player on a few teams in the league.
Wilfork is one of the most disruptive forces in the NFL. There's not too many players who demand double teams by design and can beat it on a regular basis.

As Mankins sees the business side and the player side of things, i doubt we'll get any sentimental discount on negotiations.

Agreed.

But I also don't think Mankins will be charging the Patriots an anger premium, and at times (especially before he came back to play last season) that has felt like a legitimate concern).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back