PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN Replay Thread - @ TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be interesting to go back and watch in slow mo.

Quick impression of LeKevin Smith - he looks like Wilfork looked to start 2005, pushing too hard, but with the strength to plug in the middle. There's hope there.

That looked like a good KR by Gemara Williams.

I tivo'd back to watch Williams KR (Quinton Smith? c'mon Tampa announcers - read the jersey in preseason!), he looks like he might stick as a KR to keep Hobbs and Maroney fresh.

The 1st half was Ok. The run D needs work. The O is missing the starting RB, 2 probable starting WR's and the top 3 TE's so what is it supposed to
look like?

Gostkowski better be slamming his helmet, what was that kick o/bs?

Baker looking good on that tackle. Oh, it was against Jeremy Stevens, now it's not as impressive. :D

That was a nice play by Rogers against the RB for the sack, the secondary did good to give the D-line time.

I had to play with Tivo to figure out the O-line on the last series: L-R Britt, Oldenburg, Mruczkowski, Elgin, O'Callaghan.

Bissinger is in at LOLB for the Pats, he's not looking that bad.

The announcer just confirmed what I thought I saw - stopped by Cory Mays - after the Mays bashing I've read it will be interesting to watch on slow-mo.

Justin Rogers did a nice job against his blocker, then Meriweather came up like a SS :eek: and disrupted the play for the interior pursuit to finish.

Gut floated that ball too high slowing down Evans on the screen so the D could read and recover.

Nice frozen rope down the middle to Bam! Hands catch that Bammer, you almost dropped it.

Last edited:
Anything stand out from Britt's performance?
Without keying on him, solid at LT against Tampa's reserves. This is essentially the third string O-line with only O'C hanging from #2, not too bad.

Hilliard is in now for O'C.

Mruc was blamed for tripping Gut on 2nd and goal, but Oldenburg at LG had the big stump sticking out there.

Okay, was Kight supposed to look over his right shoulder or left shoulder on that fade? I think I'll go along with those that felt he looked over the wrong shoulder. He and Gut were off a bit on an earlier pass play too, I'm thinking they're both doing well and just a few more reps from being in-sync.

Oldenburg has moved out to LT, Mruc has moved over to LG, Elgin to C, and Barthelmes has come in at RG.

It's like Deja Vu all over again. I swear I saw a game just like this last night. Was I dreaming?

Rashad Moore is not making this team - he's playing upfield and not gap control. He had all last year to learn this D in NY, but he looks like a newby with much poorer technique than LeKevin Smith.

Kareem Brown's athleticism is impressive, but Kenny Smith and Santonio Thomas are clearly ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back