PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN Preview - Pats ... [merged : Marshal Faulk]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just caught the tail end of the NFL Networks camp preview. And, I have to say that Marshall Faulk continues to show how BITTER he is. He also showed how he doesn't know what he is talking about saying the Pats have an Aging DEFENSE. They have an Aging LB corps, but, that's really it. They have a bunch of young players in their secondary and on the D-line.

Re: NFLN Preview - Pats

MARSHALL, marshall, marshall...

The only LB I'm worried about is Bruschi. He was such a huge part of all our championships, making more big plays from the LB position than I can remember seeing. I think all our other LBs will play at (or above) the level we expect them to...which is all you can ask. Hopefully Thomas will be able to make some of the big plays that we missed last season (when we were still a minute away from the Super Bowl :D ).

I'm much more worried about the secondary. With the likelihood of Samuel playing seeming to decrease with each passing day and each new volley fired at management, and with the Rodney keystone being a year older and coming off more injuries after every season, and with Wilson's play, by all accounts, slipping, and with Gay making a habit of being injured, etc. I see much more reason to be worried about the defensive backfield. We've won with worse before (I like Scott and the James signing) but it's not a situation that makes me comfortable.

The only LB I'm worried about is Bruschi. He was such a huge part of all our championships, making more big plays from the LB position than I can remember seeing. I think all our other LBs will play at (or above) the level we expect them to...which is all you can ask. Hopefully Thomas will be able to make some of the big plays that we missed last season (when we were still a minute away from the Super Bowl :D ).

I'm much more worried about the secondary. With the likelihood of Samuel playing seeming to decrease with each passing day and each new volley fired at management, and with the Rodney keystone being a year older and coming off more injuries after every season, and with Wilson's play, by all accounts, slipping, and with Gay making a habit of being injured, etc. I see much more reason to be worried about the defensive backfield. We've won with worse before (I like Scott and the James signing) but it's not a situation that makes me comfortable.
Valid concerns, but there are extenuating circumstances to consider which may lower the stress level, a bit:

- Tedy was playing one-handed last season.
- Geno was playing SS during the early games where his play was questioned, then he was playing injured. Rodney was still in knee testing mode early on and was used as the FS. Get Geno and Rodney back to their natural positions and it's cool.
- James Sanders stepped up and covered well for an injured Rodney on a team that was one minute away from the Super Bowl (or so I've heard ;) ). Mitchell is also coming off his knee injury, he reportedly lost out on a starting job in New Orleans due to injury in the past, it will be fun to read about his progress. And let's not forget both Vrabel and Adalius have been used as SS in the past...:D
- Brandon Meriweather may yet pick Blue's pocket this season...when you think about it, a pool of Meriweather, Scott, Gay, and James across from Hobbs isn't exactly unskilled labor. Willie Andrews was a super gunner and may just be ready to take a step up this season and play some CB (he did in college) - same with Spann who was a ballhawk in NFLE in 2006.

With Training Camp three weeks away, this is not the time to worry. Cue Monty Python..."Always look on the bright side of life..." :singing:

wow i sense alot of heat and anger coming from marsha faulk

I'll admit it I use to love Marshall Faulk when he was in college and kept up with his stats with the colts and rams.
Now I see a bitter tasteless bashing man who has no right to be a commentator.
He talks about our aging defense lmao experienced defense who is Hungry!
No rb depth? Who is kevin faulk? o yeah just one of the best 3rd down backs in the leauge.
Who's backing up his precious colts at rb?
I seriously don't even know the guys name off the top of my head you have the one year wonder Addai then who?
Maroney is gonna have a breakout year take that to the bank.
I really hope Rodney and company heard those comments and take it to heart my only dissappointment is that he won't be on the field getting lit up by that aging defense!
What a joke one superbowl win and done Faulk.
Hating cause he knows maroney will end up with more rings then him ha.

Re: wow i sense alot of heat and anger coming from marsha faulk

I got into a bit of a discussion on the aging/injury prone thing with a Browns fan. Bottom line for me is that at DL there's no change (putting Brown in for Hill). LB there's no change in depth although we may change some names at the bottom; of course, there's a big upgrade with Thomas over TBC. At DB there's no change except for adding Meriweather (assuming Samuel shows up and plays).

So going in we've added a #1 pick and not changed anything else other than upgrading a LB spot.

Now, last year we played much of it without Seau, Harrison, Wilson, Gay. All starters (I count Gay as a starter as I think he would have been the #3 CB and they play A LOT now). So to end up where we were in SD and heading into Indy we would have to lose 5 starters (in terms of numbers, obviously losing Wilfork would be worse than, say, Wilson). And we were fine with those losses until we suffered even more during the Indy game.

So I'm basically not worried about depth on defense unless/until massive injuries hit.

I'll admit it I use to love Marshall Faulk when he was in college and kept up with his stats with the colts and rams.
Now I see a bitter tasteless bashing man who has no right to be a commentator.
He talks about our aging defense lmao experienced defense who is Hungry!
No rb depth? Who is kevin faulk? o yeah just one of the best 3rd down backs in the leauge.
I seriously don't even know the guys name off the top of my head you have the one year wonder Addai then who?
Maroney is gonna have a breakout year take that to the bank.
I really hope Rodney and company heard those comments and take it to heart my only dissappointment is that he won't be on the field getting lit up by that aging defense!
What a joke one superbowl win and done Faulk.
Hating cause he knows maroney will end up with more rings then him ha.

Dont be bitter, I wouldnt even think of calling Addai a one year wonder....

His team got embarrassed on the world's biggest sports stage by an immensely less talented team. I would be bitter too.

DeDe Dorsey will strike fear in the hearts of defenses this year! You heard it here first.

The bottom line here is that Faulk just isn't that bright. I'll bet he's not a TV commentator in two years.

I just got into RI for a few weeks and I was really enjoying NFL Network... until that a-hole faulking Faulk ruined it for me and I had to change the station in the middle of his non-factual, mean-spirited rant.

Hey Marshall: GFY.

You want to hear bitter listen to lardo Lincoln Kennedy on the same network

No more than Maroney.

And I don't know who would be the backup if Maroney were injured for a few game like last year. I don't see Faulk as the backup RB.

Dont be bitter, I wouldnt even think of calling Addai a one year wonder....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back