PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN: Patriots Arrive in Indy, Gronk walking off Plane without a Limp

Status
Not open for further replies.
AkNmDk_CIAI0u6f.jpg

That reminds me too much of arizona 4 yrs ago....:(

That reminds me too much of arizona 4 yrs ago....:(

I was thinking the same thing, I'm not going to lie, but it's probably nothing more than the home teams' designation of the endzones, left to right from their sidelines.

There has to be some method to it, I am sure.

Boot gate. Limp gate. Gronk gate. Dance gate.

The guy was out laughing it up dancing in the clubs after the Ravens win. Hes fine.

I wanna see Spike-gate this Sunday night.

Chapters one thru four would be great to witness..

I loved BB's answer to the Gronk injury question. He said he was "day to day" with a little smile and a twinkle in his eye. I have a feeling Gronk is doing just fine and the Pats are going to play this for all it's worth.

May be he is practicing. :) Wink Wink....

There's was an article in the NY Post or NY Daily News from a couple of days ago, and it basically stated that Gronk had a dislocated ankle in the 8th grade. They popped it back in without surgery, but the doctors said it would heal in 5 weeks plus 5 weeks rehab. When Gronk went back to the doctor 2 weeks later the doctor was in absolute shock that the injury had already healed. They wouldn't allow him to play for another 3 weeks after that, but still, he was good to go in only half the time. The kid is alright.

Maybe he started using HGH at a young age?:D;)

To be fair, he did say they are going to win. We all know what we think he MEANT to say, but how he worded it said they are going to throw another party next week, and he hopes more people show up. He didn't say "I hope we get the chance to throw another party next week."

NY Media saw a chance to jump on it, and did. It's SB week, if you expect anything less, you're nuts. I don't think it's a big deal because we are pretty sure he meant to say "I hope we win", not "I hope more people show up next week".

Actually, I think he said that "hopefully there are more of you here for victory party next week". It is a matter of interpretation whether the hopefully applies only to the "more of you" rather than "victory" (or both). Where did he say that they were going to win?

To be fair, he did say they are going to win. We all know what we think he MEANT to say, but how he worded it said they are going to throw another party next week, and he hopes more people show up. He didn't say "I hope we get the chance to throw another party next week."

NY Media saw a chance to jump on it, and did. It's SB week, if you expect anything less, you're nuts. I don't think it's a big deal because we are pretty sure he meant to say "I hope we win", not "I hope more people show up next week".

I disagree with this.

He didn't say they're going to win. If you take it out of context, you might interpret it that way. But in context, the statement means that he hopes even more fans show up to a party next week.

Unless Brady was expressing disappointment in the amount of fans that had shown up for the pep rally, the word "hopefully" could have ONLY related to a hope for a victory party, and not a hope that more people would show up for a guaranteed victory party.

Do you think Brady was expressing disappointment that only 25k had shown up?

Actually, I think he said that "hopefully there are more of you here for victory party next week". It is a matter of interpretation whether the hopefully applies only to the "more of you" rather than "victory" (or both). Where did he say that they were going to win?

You read it exactly as I do. The hopefully can apply to both, but assuming Brady isn't expressing disappointment in the number of fans at the pep rally, the "hopefully" applies more to "victory" than it does the former. After all, do we really believe that Brady hopes there will be more than 25k to greet them for the guaranteed party next week?

His father may have invented HGH.

Ever see the Gronk kids?

Those Polish genes have produced some strong men (an sometimes women :eek:). Keep in mind that Poland used to communist and those guys were the first to use steroids!;)

I disagree with this.

He didn't say they're going to win. If you take it out of context, you might interpret it that way. But in context, the statement means that he hopes even more fans show up to a party next week.

Unless Brady was expressing disappointment in the amount of fans that had shown up for the pep rally, the word "hopefully" could have ONLY related to a hope for a victory party, and not a hope that more people would show up for a guaranteed victory party.

Do you think Brady was expressing disappointment that only 25k had shown up?

I agree with what you WANT it to say, but what he said was "We're going to give it our best and hopefully we have a lot more people at our party next weekend."

He didn't say "Hopefully we CAN have a lot more people here for A party next week."

Now it says what you want to hear. What I want to hear. Not what he said.

He stated it as if they are throwing a party next week and he hopes more people will show up. I'm sorry, but "hopefully" is in no way connected to victory in his sentence. Like I said, I do believe it is what he MEANT to say, but it is not what came out of his mouth.

I really don't see how you can interpret it any other way, it says what it says.

Edit: I also don't see it as him expressing disappointment in the turnout, because I think it is obvious that he meant to state he hopes they win, not he hopes more people show up once they win. But missing one word, or using one wrong word, can completely change what your sentence says, and honestly, Tom has never been the most elegant speaker, he's always stumbled around a little trying to say what he want to says. So like I said, he isn't expressing disappointment with the numbers, he just simply worded it poorly, which I'm fine with, but I'm also not surprised the NY Media is taking it at what it says. When you read it on paper it sounds awfully different than when he said it at the pep rally. You have to hear it live to understand what he meant, and I'm sure the article writer is fully expecting that NOBODY will watch the video, I'm actually surprised they added it.

Last edited:
It's a good sign, but don't get carried away.

By coincidence, my kid suffered a similar sprain two weeks ago yesterday (without the benefit of a 300 pound NFL player falling on him) and he went from a hard cast and two crutches, to a walking boot and one crutch to just the walking boot. He walks everywhere now and can even run slowly for a few yards, but he still can't go up and down steps with the boot without assistance and if he takes the boot off, he can only hop around gingerly without putting his full weight on the bad ankle.

Of course, Gronk is a world-class athlete with superior recuperative powers, but kids heal pretty fast, so I wouldn't take too much from this in terms of how he will be able to perform on the field.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back