PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN: Patriots Arrive in Indy, Gronk walking off Plane without a Limp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I thought you were sarcastically disagreeing with me because you figured fans would get too worked up. That's what it looked like.

No, I even threw myself in the mix with the "myself included" part of my response. I was totally agreeing with you. I guess I could see how you would misunderstand considering a lot of people on here are prone to dishing out smart-@ss responses to everything. I, however, try to refrain from that as much as possible.

Anyway, I was agreeing with you, strngplyr.

Huh!! After listening to the Boston media I though they'd amputated the leg already. :rolleyes:

Gronk looked fine to me. Barely any limp. He will be fine.

Let's hope so. Costas just asked Brady about Gronk, but he gave the PC answer, which I loved. Get out of here Costas.

I'd rather have him using crutches with a foot-boot, going towards the bus, and off the plane...

Better safe than sorry....

IMO

LOL some lady asking Brady about his "party next week" comment at the send off trying to stir stuff up...Brady epically responds saying "well it was a pep rally so..."

everyone laughs...shes probably from a NY paper...

Jenny Vrentas - - Newark Star-Ledger.

From somebody on ESPN Boston

My wife and I attended the rally today- got to Gillette around 8am, met some cool ppl, sat 5 rows up from the stage, and had a BLAST!!! Gronk had no walking boot, no limp- he looked good. We stayed after the rally to watch the players board the buses, and Gronk walked behind the last 4 buses before quickly coming around to get into his bus. TB12 was the last player to board his bus, then the team left for Providence. Looking at the players as they left, this team looks primed and ready!

Amid all the Gronk and pep rally stuff, Reiss makes a good point that others might have missed.

The Patriots arrived in Indianapolis at 5 p.m. ET Sunday, while the Giants won't come to town until Monday. Bill Belichick explained that the reason for the team's early arrival is tied to practice schedule.

The team will practice here on Monday, take Tuesday off, then practice Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

"It kind of puts us on a normal schedule," Belichick said, adding that the team had two practices last week.

That and a couple of references to this being a "business trip" during the rally are good signs. Seems odd to me the Giants are flying in tomorrow. So no practice tomorrow, media day Tuesday. Maybe they practiced today?

One more thing from today: BB had a funny line in Indy:

"I've never had much hospitality here until I went for it on fourth and two," Belichick joked on Sunday.

Last edited:
From somebody on ESPN Boston

My wife and I attended the rally today- got to Gillette around 8am, met some cool ppl, sat 5 rows up from the stage, and had a BLAST!!! Gronk had no walking boot, no limp- he looked good. We stayed after the rally to watch the players board the buses, and Gronk walked behind the last 4 buses before quickly coming around to get into his bus. TB12 was the last player to board his bus, then the team left for Providence. Looking at the players as they left, this team looks primed and ready!

ankle gate

Fair point, and I hope that's all it is.

I'm in worst case scenario mode. In my mind Gronk was struggling with all his might to walk without a noticeable limp.

:bricks:

I wasn't influenced by any perceived limp that might, or might not have been there. To me, it was all about the speed of his gait. That told me all I needed to know. Gronk will be fine and will probably play at a very high level.

AkNmDk_CIAI0u6f.jpg

"Hopefully I'll sleep with a supermodel tonight."

i.e. I guarantee I'll be sleeping with a supermodel tonight.

To be fair, he did say they are going to win. We all know what we think he MEANT to say, but how he worded it said they are going to throw another party next week, and he hopes more people show up. He didn't say "I hope we get the chance to throw another party next week."

NY Media saw a chance to jump on it, and did. It's SB week, if you expect anything less, you're nuts. I don't think it's a big deal because we are pretty sure he meant to say "I hope we win", not "I hope more people show up next week".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes