NFLN or ESPN

• NFLN

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • ESPN

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NFLN because of Mayock & Eisen, probably mute it when the idiots like Faulk pipe up.

Oh and because ESPN aren't showing it on the UK channel, so nfl.com stream will have to do.

Last edited:
This isn't even up for debate - nfln

Which channel are you watching the first round on this year ?

What to expect to see on ESPN, NFL Network - Richard Deitsch - SI.com

ESPN (primarily) for me. Berman, Kiper and Gruden is a solid group. I like Eisen and Mayock A LOT but NFLN also has M. Faulk and M. Irvin. No thanks.

Kiper is like that senile old man you keep on the show because he's been there from the beginning. Gruden is entertaining, but I'm not sure what he'll bring to the draft. NFLN will be best though. They usually keep Faulk and Irvin to a minimum.

I may watch CBS sports again this year. At least they won't spend 1/2 of the first rd talking about Luck,RG3, and how BB manipulates the draft.

I go from channel to channel and don't watch one more than the other. more than 15 sec of Michael Irvin makes me switch

I am hoping that Polian steps up with his opinion.

Last edited:
NFLN.

Doesn't Kiper get paid to overhype certain picks by their agents?

The NFL Network analysts blow ESPN out of the water. The problem with the NFLN, however, is that their actual highlights of the player after the pick is limited to the player running around at the combine or senior bowl practice. I just like the full effect of seeing player highlights from actual games, which, for whatever legal reason, ESPN has more access too.

Oh and because ESPN aren't showing it on the UK channel, so nfl.com stream will have to do.

Ditto. Would have preferred to watch it on HD tv but nfln has better analysts anyway. I'll miss Gruden though

Mayock and Eisen outweigh any negatives on NFLN. ESPN is pretty much the worst.

NFLN.

Doesn't Kiper get paid to overhype certain picks by their agents?

If I was a player waiting to be drafted, and my agent paid Kiper money because they thought Kiper influenced NFL decision makers, I'd seriously have to consider changing agents.

Chris Berman ruins draft weekend if you watch ESPN, he is terrible.

Easily NFLN.

I wonder if the league has instructed the Colts and the Redskins to wait before delivering their selections, so the two networks can each spend a full thirty minutes talking about Luck and Griffin.

I wonder if the league has instructed the Colts and the Redskins to wait before delivering their selections, so the two networks can each spend a full thirty minutes talking about Luck and Griffin.
They'll talk about Luck and RG3 from rounds 3-7 and totally ignore every selection, they'll just catch you up by showing a board with the last 7 picks...uhggg.

I'll watch NFLN and DVR ESPN and watch certain picks/commentary.

Like most of you I grew up with Mel Kiper, It's kind of nastalgic for better or worse. The guy was just a fan who was crazy about the draft at a time when a lot of fans could care less about it. So agree or disagree with him, I respect what he does.

Mayock and Eisen are probably the highlights of NFL network and I enjoy their insight. The company they share can be as annoying as Merril Hodge and pissed his pants donkey guy that accompany Kiper.

I think Espns draft format is better, I like Kiper's best available on the side of the screen(just wish it was Mayocks) I like the espn background music when they describe the pick, da da, da da da du da da du.:) gets me kind of pumped for the pick to tell you the truth.;)

Overall I mostly watch NFL network because of Mayock and Eisen but admit that I do switch back and forth during the weekend every couple of hours or so.

A few years ago I had both on at the same time. The NFLN seemed to be getting info on the pick slightly quicker, but that to me was no big deal. What was eye-opening was how very often the speculation on who would be the next pick was totally wrong by ESPN in comparison to how often the NFLN either nailed it, or at least their secondary guess was correct.

Since then I have primarily watched the NFLN, but perhaps I'll go back to having both on at the same time just to once again compare this week.

Mayock is the best in the draft biz.

NFL Network by far.

Although watching Chris Berman makes me feel better about myself physically.

I assume all votes for ESPN are attributable to people who don't get the NFL network.

I heard on the Radio today (98.5) that ESPN and NFLN aren't allowed to tip off picks and won't show people in the green room on the phone. Also the teams have been instructed not to let out their picks before hand via social media.

Every once in a while the NFL gets something right :singing:

I was so sick of them giving it away and esp. Chris Berman acting like he guessed the pick correct :bricks:

Will be NFLN! Mayock is by far the best!

But it might have to be which I can get a stream of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes