PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN Jets game- So. Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoughingthePasser

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Any broadcasting info for the Portland, Me. area?

I've heard Cinemagic plays the NFLN Pats games. Is this true?

I didn't see any listing on Cinemagic's site, but I didn't check every theatre either. I wouldn't expect the NFL to allow that to happen though; they want to drive more business to the NFL Network.
Cinemagic

Looks like Time Warner may be the only cable provider there, so if that's what you have I think your viewing choices are going to be a sports bar or via the internet with channelsurfing.net or nfl.com
TV Guide Listings

I didn't see any listing on Cinemagic's site, but I didn't check every theatre either. I wouldn't expect the NFL to allow that to happen though; they want to drive more business to the NFL Network.
Cinemagic

Looks like Time Warner may be the only cable provider there, so if that's what you have I think your viewing choices are going to be a sports bar or via the internet with channelsurfing.net or nfl.com
TV Guide Listings

Thanks man....it looks like I'll have to go to a sports bar. I lay off the sauce nowadays though-Im used to my crib.

Here's to the D adjustments we need to compensate for AD's injury.
Wish him luck:
MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/53081270

Any broadcasting info for the Portland, Me. area?

I've heard Cinemagic plays the NFLN Pats games. Is this true?

I live in Kennebunk. I have watched a couple of games on

my computer on a link provided by Justin tv.

Aren't all home games broadcast locally in Maine? Why would this game be any different?

I believe it is because the NFL doesn't not believe that Maine is "local" to the Pats. I think I read somewhere last year that "Local" is considered to be something like a 50 mile radius.

EDIT: I mean we do get the home games normally. But when its on NFL Network like last year, the Boston area gets it on the local affiliate of CBS or whatever the station is (channel 5 I think), whereas our local CBS affiliate will not or are not allowed to show it.

Last edited:
Aren't all home games broadcast locally in Maine? Why would this game be any different?

Local sports anchor here in Northern Maine just explained to me that the NFLN grants rights for the simulcast to the local CITY only... the Boston proper market can show it, but from what he says, those of us in Maine are SOL.

I believe it is because the NFL doesn't not believe that Maine is "local" to the Pats. I think I read somewhere last year that "Local" is considered to be something like a 50 mile radius.

You are correct. Last year for the historic last game of the regular season I was all set to drive to a buddy's house in Dover, NH until they changed their mind at the last minute. Time Warner covers most of southern Maine, so unless you have the Dish Network you're outta luck. I'm going to the local pub myself which has the dish.

Western MA gets the shaft, too. I get Charter, so I can't even subscribe to NFLN if I wanted to (which I don't!).

Western MA gets the shaft, too. I get Charter, so I can't even subscribe to NFLN if I wanted to (which I don't!).

Why wouldn't you want the NFLN? Its better than that garbage network thats south of you..

Of course, you could always just get DirecTV. They include it in their basic package. It was part of their $700 million a year deal for Sunday Ticket.

Local sports anchor here in Northern Maine just explained to me that the NFLN grants rights for the simulcast to the local CITY only... the Boston proper market can show it, but from what he says, those of us in Maine are SOL.

I would base my NFL legal appeal on historical issues. Maine was formerly Massachusetts.

Last edited:
This is such a load of bull****. I can't believe that the game will not be on TV here.

If you live in an area of Maine served by ComCast (such as the Bath/Brunswick area) then you can get NFLN. It's one of the only reasons I still subscribe to ComCast.

FWIW, you can also get Patriots games on radio through WBLM. There is a 5 second time delay, so it sucks because you can't synch it up with the television, but the play calling and colour commentary is much better on the radio than what you get with the TV crew.

respects,

Last edited:
I would base my NFL legal appeal on historical issues. Maine was formerly Massachusetts.

You're just trying to cheer us up.

Now back to the game. I believe that even us who get Channel 5 in Boston on our cable will be blacked out. If it is blacked out on NLF Network, then I will be a very angry person.

Last edited:
Just go to a sports bar they all have direct tv

I say Massachusetts invade NH, VT and ME and grab back what is rightfully ours! Why we ever gave up that land in the first place I'll never know.

I say Massachusetts invade NH, VT and ME and grab back what is rightfully ours! Why we ever gave up that land in the first place I'll never know.

That's a sight...I can see it now, a convoy of Volvo and BMW's barreling through the tolls in York to take on more welfare recipients and taxes. Christ, you guys already own half of the water frontage property in this state. :D

Don't worry. The limousine liberals from Cambridge are already up here buying it back one acre at a time. Check out our taxes some time, and our bloated, self-serving inefficient state government. It ought to make you feel right at home.

Hey! We're halfway there already! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing