PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN:Has Tom Brady clinched the MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. There is no rule.. But can you name the last player who did it??? Or how many times it's been done since the SB came into existence??

You should send this to TFB himself so he takes it as a personal challenge. ;)

You're right. There is no rule.. But can you name the last player who did it??? Or how many times it's been done since the SB came into existence??

Do you honestly think there's an actual correlation between winning the MVP and not winning the SB?

Do you think the team with the MVP is more likely to lose the Super Bowl? Do you think the team with the MVP automatically has a tougher shot at winning the SB?

brady is head and shoulders above everybody. the mvp voting is a no brainer. that shouid be right up marshall faulk's alley.

Last ones I can think of are Kurt Warner, Terrell Davis, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Emmitt Smith, Joe Montana... it's really not uncommon, historically. Strangely, it just hasn't happened this past decade.

Time for a change.

Can't see how he isn't. It's the insane ball control and lack of mistakes that do it for me. Just amazing...:rocker:

Last ones I can think of are Kurt Warner, Terrell Davis, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Emmitt Smith, Joe Montana... it's really not uncommon, historically. Strangely, it just hasn't happened this past decade.

Time for a change.

It's not strange at all. It's a byproduct of Manning winning it far more often than he deserves. For example, it belonged to Brees last year, IMO.

It's not strange at all. It's a byproduct of Manning winning it far more often than he deserves. For example, it belonged to Brees last year, IMO.

That's exactly it. If the media would get over its Manning hard-on, it would have happened at least once or twice in the last decade. Bottom line: as long as the team with the MVP wins the SB more than once every 32 years, that means that it helps your chances. Clearly, it's not a bad thing.

Last edited:
That's exactly it. If the media would get over its Manning hard-on, it would have happened at least once or twice in the last decade. Bottom line: as long as the team with the MVP wins the SB more than once every 32 years, that means that it helps your chances. Clearly, it's not a bad thing.

the media jumped the gun early in ASSUMING Manning would win multiple super bowls...as we've all come to see, he's a choke on the ultimate stage and only a fix by Papa Poliastopheles procured his hardware.

the media jumped the gun early in ASSUMING Manning would win multiple super bowls...as we've all come to see, he's a choke on the ultimate stage and only a fix by Papa Poliastopheles procured his hardware.

A SB ring is a SB ring; almost every one has shoulda coulda's....

I think in any media program there has to be at least one dessenting opinion just to at least spur conversation.

Most years the MVP debate comes down to a player with flashy stats versus a player with more wins.

This year there really is NO debate. As pointed out by another poster, Brady has more wins and the best stats amongst other contenders. Case closed.

Michael Vick really shouldn't even be in the conversation given the time that he has missed. Does he make highlight plays? Yes, but he is not MVP. Brady has more wins, better stats, and less of a supporting cast. Done deal. Peyton Manning's INTs and losses have officially taken him out of the running, so at least we can eliminate the annual media darling.

A player doesn't win games... a team wins games.. you cant neccessarily equate wins and how valuable an indivual player is. That said Tom Brady is awesome.. and getting better.. I think he is the most impressive player to watch on a game to game basis. I want Brady to win the MVP.. becuase I dont want to see networks like the nfl network to rate him the 22nd best player of all time then at the same time put manning at #5 or something like that.

A SB ring is a SB ring; almost every one has shoulda coulda's....

uh huh...well Brady has THREE..and only one MVP when HE SET THE ALL TIME NFL PASSING RECORD FOR TD'S...do have another helping of stale cowpie and an Indy w(h)ine to wash it down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back