PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN Gameday Morning: "Is it Karma?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
They are suggesting that the fact the pats could be 11-5 and be out of the playoffs .Alex Flanagan who usually is decent asks faulk and sapp if its karma after last yr's spygate and running up the score that this could happen? WTF ? Sapp and faulk of course nod their heads.And sapp says , we just need some dirt right now to bury the pats in the cold. . *sigh*

One another note they showed KC . Its 0 deg with wind chill -20 and the stadium has no heating coils below the field. Miami will have earned it if they win today.

Re: NFLN Gameday Morning :"Is it Karma ?"

Ever since last year's Super Bowl every hater has taken full advantage to trash the team any way they can.

When we get back on top it will be fun seeing their faces.

Yeah, I dunno, but I really don't think anyone should be talking about karma. After all, it only took something like a dozen key injuries, forcing the Pats to start the greenest QB in NFL history, who had the misfortune of having to face the #1 defense in the worst weather he'd ever had to face, etc., etc., etc., . . . for the Pats to be on the verge of just missing the playoffs.

Once they realize that--and its implications for 2009 (the Patriots' five draft picks in the first 100 say hi :))--they'll stop laughing.

So one guy who's team was beaten by the ultimate underdogs and another who people forget even won a Super Bowl because it was during the Patriots Dynasty are talking sh!t about the Patriots? I am shocked. You can actually feel the jealousy...BB never asked THEM to play for the team.

And it's funny, the Patriots aren't done yet...they are going to look pretty stupid (well, more than normal) when we are division champs next Monday.

Last edited:

Let them talk. Unlike, say, the losers who folded last night, our team and organization is strong. I wouldn't expect these tools to look at it from that perspective anyway.

Fools. All of them.

These shows have ruined my sunday mornings. I used to love to watch all the pre-game stuff before the games.

Since "spygate" I watch none. Sensationalism at its best and I wont let it ruin my enjoyment of the game by listening to them bash anything pats related.

F*CK EM

Yeah, I dunno, but I really don't think anyone should be talking about karma. After all, it only took something like a dozen key injuries, forcing the Pats to start the greenest QB in NFL history, who had the misfortune of having to face the #1 defense in the worst weather he'd ever had to face, etc., etc., etc., . . . for the Pats to be on the verge of just missing the playoffs.

Once they realize that--and its implications for 2009 (the Patriots' five draft picks in the first 100 say hi :))--they'll stop laughing.

Do you really think the Pats will keep those 5 draft picks in the first 100 selections?

I say No way,They will wheel and deal for a veteran corner or ILB like an Asomugha or Suggs type player - BANK ON THAT

They are suggesting that the fact the pats could be 11-5 and be out of the playoffs .Alex Flanagan who usually is decent asks faulk and sapp if its karma after last yr's spygate and running up the score that this could happen? WTF ? Sapp and faulk of course nod their heads.And sapp says , we just need some dirt right now to bury the pats in the cold. . *sigh*

One another note they showed KC . Its 0 deg with wind chill -20 and the stadium has no heating coils below the field. Miami will have earned it if they win today.
They don't all trash the Pats. Sal Paolantonio this morning on the Sports Reporters said the screwup Fisher of Tenn. made about reading the wind last week and whether to kick a FG or not, lost the game maybe because of that...went on to say the Pats and Belichick never make such mistakes because of their great attention to detail, and they ultimately win super bowls by 3 points. Also, Chris Collinsworth on Inside the NFL said Belichick should be coach of the year (maybe depending on whether or not the Falcons make the playoffs).

No team in the Cap and FA era was supposed to go to five of seven Conference Championship Games and then go to four of seven SB's and win three of them, let alone put together a 16--0 season. We did.

Fans, Players (& Former Players) and Management of other teams all have different reasons for hating us. The Fans because their teams didn't do it. The Players because most of them never get into one Championship Game, let alone five. Management because the Krafts have made them look bad by showing that consistent excellence is possible.

Someone on this board has a sig that reads "Embrace the Hate." I kind of think he's got it right.

(PS: agree with your sentiments re the Dolphins.)

Last edited:

If it is Karma, I wonder what bad things all the teams who have no shot of making the playoffs did?

Or for that matter, what the fans of the NFL did in general to have Karma subject them to the commentary of Falanagan, Faulk and Sapp?

i think our "karma" repaid us with the SB

If it is Karma, I wonder what bad things all the teams who have no shot of making the playoffs did?

Or for that matter, what the fans of the NFL did in general to have Karma subject them to the commentary of Falanagan, Faulk and Sapp?

Ha. This is SO true.

I really hate the karma argument.

Do you really think the Pats will keep those 5 draft picks in the first 100 selections?

I say No way,They will wheel and deal for a veteran corner or ILB like an Asomugha or Suggs type player - BANK ON THAT

Who said anything about the Pats using them all to draft rookies? :)

Ever since last year's Super Bowl every hater has taken full advantage to trash the team any way they can.

When we get back on top it will be fun seeing their faces.

Let the karma run over their dogma...
If unfortunately they miss the playoffs...

1) It would give BB one more month than usual to prepare for FA and the upcoming season..
2) Look what happened the last time the Pats missed the playoffs..The next two seasons turned out alright....
3) It's easier to get mad at the system ( no whining) than to be disappointed when it's possible that only 5/32 teams will have more wins than the Pats.
4) The rookies, especially on D, actually other than law firm, only on D, got more experience than would be expected and when coupled with all the players on IR, especially those from early in the season will be back next year. The biggest problem when you throw in FA and the draft (5 picks, inc compensatory one for AS) will be who makes the team in '09.
5) This was done with a QB who hadn't started a game in about 8 years and developed into a quality starter on the fly...

6) Yeah it sucks but there are way worse positions to be in. BB will say " it is what it is" and they'll move on. Some in the league will gloat but the Pats will come back loaded for bear next year..

Karma Definition:

Russ Hochstein has 2 times the SB Rings than Warren Sapp.

These shows have ruined my sunday mornings. I used to love to watch all the pre-game stuff before the games.

Since "spygate" I watch none. Sensationalism at its best and I wont let it ruin my enjoyment of the game by listening to them bash anything pats related.

F*CK EM
I feel the same way. I loved all of the pre-game shows on Sunday morning with breakfast and the sports pages. Now, I watch none of them. I watch All-Access, Totally Patriots and Patriots Gameday because I know all of the news will be pro-Pats. In some ways, I'm not comfortable with that, too, but I just can't take the anti-Pats crap from the national shows.

If going 11-5 and missing the playoffs is a result of spygate and karma, I have to know what the Lions have done to deserve their season.

What a awesome display of sports journalism. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots