PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN continues its masochism: BB live at 10:45 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Are they really expecting Belichick to suddenly become really chatty?

]Then again, if he does, maybe Tebow truly IS God. :eek: ]

Are they really expecting Belichick to suddenly become really chatty?

]Then again, if he does, maybe Tebow truly IS God. :eek: ]

They should just replay yesterday's press conference.

I have the transcript, in advance, of Bill's responses.

Same as yesterday, in fact!

--------------
"Anything we do is what we feel is in the best interests of the team...

We try to do what’s best for the team....

We’re going to try to get better as a football team, individually and collectively, and that’s what we’re going to do....

We’ll try to do what we think is best for our football team...

I think I’ve covered it...

Whatever that is, that’s what it is. Four weeks, it’s four weeks. A week of training camp is a week of training camp. A regular season game is a regular season game. It all adds up every day. You do the math, I don’t know....

That’s just the way it is."

:D

--------------

We’re going to try to get better as a football team, individually and collectively, and that’s what we’re going to do....

Whatever that is, that’s what it is. Four weeks, it’s four weeks. A week of training camp is a week of training camp. A regular season game is a regular season game. It all adds up every day. You do the math, I don’t know....

I think it's going to be even shorter. He's going to say, "We already covered that yesterday. Anybody have any questions about anything else?" And when someone tries to ask another Tebow question he'll say, "Already covered it. Anything else?" and when no one is fast enough to ask about something else, he'll say, "Okay, thanks." and leave the podium. Don't you think this is designed to make the media outlets go away early? Nothing to see here, folks, move on! Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

I would think BB would want to set a precedent now and just show everyone its not going to be about TT every presser. He will just have to train everyone which is probably impossible.

Either that or he will eventually cut TT because he does not want to deal with all the obsession with him. Which I cant understand. TT is a JAG 3rd String QB at this point. Nothing more.

I would think BB would want to set a precedent now and just show everyone its not going to be about TT every presser. He will just have to train everyone which is probably impossible.

Either that or he will eventually cut TT because he does not want to deal with all the obsession with him. Which I cant understand. TT is a JAG 3rd String QB at this point. Nothing more.

Well, so far, it's been largely if not entirely Tebow-free. . . . until just as I was about to post this. :)

My very favorite question/answer from today:

Reporter: "Bill, you traditionally play it very close to the vest answering questions in press conferences, especially in situations like this. What advantage does that give your team, or what does it help you avoid?"

BB: "I just try to answer you guys' questions as best I can."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I heard from a trusted source that he plans on doing whatever is best for the team.

It's not Mike Silver's trusted source then, I take it?

--------------

Did you get the New Hampshire TV reporter who usually covers politics?:)

My very favorite question/answer from today:

Reporter: "Bill, you traditionally play it very close to the vest answering questions in press conferences, especially in situations like this. What advantage does that give your team, or what does it help you avoid?"

BB: "I just try to answer you guys' questions as best I can."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
People do not realize that Belichick is hilarious. Just think of Bud Abbott and some random reporter takes the role of Lou Costello.

This one had me rolling yesterday

Breer "How did Josh McDaniels factor into the decision to sign Tebow"

BB "I don't know"

I really have no idea why anyone bothers to ask Bill anything during these pressers.
They are a complete waste of everyone's time.

People do not realize that Belichick is hilarious. Just think of Bud Abbott and some random reporter takes the role of Lou Costello.

He's funny to us, but he didn't crack one smile during the press conference. He clearly hates press conferences and views the media with contempt.

I really have no idea why anyone bothers to ask Bill anything during these pressers.
They are a complete waste of everyone's time.

Well, I listen to it when I can't fall asleep at night... in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 .. zzzzzzz

He's funny to us, but he didn't crack one smile during the press conference. He clearly hates press conferences and views the media with contempt.

He smiled when he made the crack " hopefully we will have more people than this at the games " when asked if there were too many people covering mini camp .

BB is on the verge of one of his greatest accomplishments ever -- making Tim Tebow boring.

Seriously, BB is likely to save Tebow's career, by making him into just another talented-but-flawed player, with a fair chance to compete.

A good straight man never smiles and acts as if everything is serious as the funny man gets flustered.

BB is on the verge of one of his greatest accomplishments ever -- making Tim Tebow boring.

Seriously, BB is likely to save Tebow's career, by making him into just another talented-but-flawed player, with a fair chance to compete.

This is an excellent point. He's doing Tebow a huge solid here.

And, let's face it, it's amazing to watch the undisputed Master of Media Frustration at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes