PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN All-time 2-way players: Troy #5, Vrabel #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else surprised that Gino Cappelletti doesn't make that list?

Doesn't Troy Brown hold the record for most time cut by the New England Patriots only to be later resigned? (Rhetorical question only.)
NO LB Manny Tuitele was cut more in one season with the Pats...and later resigned..MANY times more..

Jeff Garcia
Michael Strahan

Last edited:
Anyone else surprised that Gino Cappelletti doesn't make that list?

Gino was mentioned along with others who took on duel tasks, like Lou Groza, sort of as an honorable mention.

Last edited:
Doesn't Troy Brown hold the record for most time cut by the New England Patriots only to be later resigned? (Rhetorical question only.)

No. That "honor" goes to Maugaula Tuitele.

I doubt that Troy Brown would receive even 1 vote for the NFL Hall of Fame nor should he. He's been my favorite Patriot player (since Curtis Martin left), but he was nowhere close to a Hall of Fame career.

NO LB Manny Tuitele was cut more in one season with the Pats...and later resigned..MANY times more..

Tony Gaiter? I don't know how many, but I remember him being on the yo yo.

No way should Sanders be third...that is truly hype..when you are talking about 2 way football..Bednarik played center and linebacker..while Sanders ran back kicks and was a cornerback..typical hype...

Wow, seriously? Couldn't disagree more. Sanders was such an impressive athlete. He played pro baseball, football and used to run track. He was a game changer as a punt returner and a total lockdown corner(19 total return TD's), the likes of which we may never see again. He also had 36 receptions for Dallas in 96 when he was used as a starter for the fist 6 games at receiver.
I'd say the guy deserves to be high on the list.

Wow, seriously? Couldn't disagree more. Sanders was such an impressive athlete. He played pro baseball, football and used to run track. He was a game changer as a punt returner and a total lockdown corner(19 total return TD's), the likes of which we may never see again. He also had 36 receptions for Dallas in 96 when he was used as a starter for the fist 6 games at receiver.
I'd say the guy deserves to be high on the list.
The baseball and track are NOT part of what we are talking about and what the list is about. And as I said..3rd was way too high for him. Bednarik was a center and linebacker...Deion could barely tackle..yes, he should be on the list but 3rd?? We are talking FOOTBALL...and players who played two way in the trenches to me are far more "2 way". There's also much more of a chance to see a Sanders type player than any 2 way lineman or one VERY involved. I would rank him ahead of other STers of course..

Last edited:
Brown doesn't deserve to be on this list.

He's a three-way player - not a 2-way player.

I wonder where he'd rank on that list.

I agree with you that Sanders should not be on the list. He was a stiff at wide receiver. Maybe because he is a commentator on NFLN they put him on rather then hear him whine.

He had 36 catches, 475 yards and a touchdown in the 96 Super Bowl season, started 8 games at WR, and was in on something like 50% of their offensive plays. Good enough results for me as far as someone that was lock down a corner as lock down gets.

Brown doesn't deserve to be on this list.

He's a three-way player - not a 2-way player.

I wonder where he'd rank on that list.

He'd be number one...wait...did Bednerik return kicks?

He had 36 catches, 475 yards and a touchdown in the 96 Super Bowl season, started 8 games at WR, and was in on something like 50% of their offensive plays. Good enough results for me as far as someone that was lock down a corner as lock down gets.

What 96 Championship season? I thought that was the Packers and us.
I couldn't find any of his offensive stats. If you got a link...
This is what I got..
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/589/

What 96 Championship season? I thought that was the Packers and us.
I couldn't find any of his offensive stats. If you got a link...
This is what I got..
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/589/

Deion didn't start on offense during Dallas' championship season (1995), but he did start eight games at receiver during the following season (1996). He was the first player in 34 years to start both ways in the same game(s), and he did it eight times.

Here's a link to his offensive stats --

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=SandeDei01

Last edited:
Bucko Kilroy was a 3 time All Pro at an OG and a nose guard. Shouldn't he be on that list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back