PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLE World Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Missed most of it, but more importnatly, I missed what happened to Amsterdam lineman Michael King....taken off on a stretcher with supposed spinal cord injuries...ANyone see what happened?? OR know how he is?? Never at all like to hear about these things..turned on again when all the players were standing and looking quite grim...HATE to see that....for any player...

Pats726 said:
Thanks...it really looked bad and the only news I heard was spinal cord..so if he is OK..then that is great news. WOnder how that happened???
Watching the replays, you couldn't see how he was hurt, it looked just like any other play, very surprising watching him stay down after he fell and rolled.

For what it is worth, Jeff Roehl had a pretty good game, one holding penalty offset by unnecessary roughness - he may have slipped trying to stay with the DE's spin move, there was a lot of slipping all game, I'd rather he tackled the DE the way he did when he went down then to allow an unchecked shot at the QB. Frankfort won the game, so Jeff gets no ring to remember his trip - oddly enough, a questionable call turned the game around and gave Frankfort the edge they needed. The NFL Official's training program is running true to form.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Watching the replays, you couldn't see how he was hurt, it looked just like any other play, very surprising watching him stay down after he fell and rolled.

For what it is worth, Jeff Roehl had a pretty good game, one holding penalty offset by unnecessary roughness - he may have slipped trying to stay with the DE's spin move, there was a lot of slipping all game, I'd rather he tackled the DE the way he did when he went down then to allow an unchecked shot at the QB. Frankfort won the game, so Jeff gets no ring to remember his trip - oddly enough, a questionable call turned the game around and gave Frankfort the edge they needed. The NFL Official's training program is running true to form.
The only replay I have seen was not very definitive at all...and NOT one where you would gasp and think a player was injured seriously....
What questionable call..when changed the momentum??? I ask only so I can see a replay later today OF that....GREAT comments as always!!

Pats726 said:
The only replay I have seen was not very definitive at all...and NOT one where you would gasp and think a player was injured seriously....
What questionable call..when changed the momentum??? I ask only so I can see a replay later today OF that....GREAT comments as always!!
I believe it was a 2nd hald pass interference call on a CB named Thomas that gave Frankfort 1st and goal at the one. On the second replay angle the announcers reversed themselves after supporting the call - from my perspective, it was a Bill Polian rule all the way. Since it was NFLE and not NE, I didn't get too worked up over the "current" standard in officiating.

That call gave me a deja vu and I didn't think it was a penalty.

The World Bowl is on at 4 EDT today..I am going to take a look at the 3rd quarter call..(PI...with a little under 5 minutes left...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey