PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLE Allocations in 10 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Here's a topic that is a bit off the wall..NFL Europe..what players do the Pats send??? QB Cassel??? Bam Childress?? PDqf players like Ventrone?? Britt?? NFLE is usually the road that does not lead to the team here sort of things..so??? Maybe not a great idea??

I want Evans to go there and work on his blitz pickup.
I'd leave Cassel home to continue learning the offense and working with our WRs.
I'd leave Childress home for the same reason, he's got some of that Troy Brown shiftyness and we may need him to be our next 8th round wonder.
Ventrone may be a good choice. I don't see sending the O-linemen, they would do better working in the off-season program to build strength.
That new CB/S we just signed, Swann?
P.K. Sam.
Sign Torrey again and send him over, I liked what In heard from you TC regulars.
Eric Alexander and Ryan Claridge.
Santonio Thomas.
Randall Gay, James Sanders, Michael Stone all had limited time playing this year and might be better for paying then staying behind in the off-season program.

Some guys, of course, we sign for the express purpose of filling our quota for Europe.

Of those eligibles on the roster who are thought might have a future, the rubric is ... send them ONLY IF they already are comfortable within the system. If they don't yet know the system, keep 'em home, build them up, mini-camp them, and teach them the system. Send those whom you think mainly need the reps.

On that basis, Cassel seems to me to be a prime candidate for a passport photo.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Isn't there some kind of restriction on NFLE eligibility? Can you send a vet?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Isn't there some kind of restriction on NFLE eligibility? Can you send a vet?
Dunno, wouldn't be the first time I didn't get what I wanted because of some reactionary law or other. :mad:

Chad Hutchinson went after playing 2 years for the Cowboys, including a number of starts, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think there's any kind of regulations against who you send, it just tends not to be veterans because they have no business playing A-ball over in Europe, which is basically what it is. It'd be like sending Manny Ramirez to go play in Pawtucket for a few weeks in April to get him warmed up. Someone suggested Randall Gay. No way, man... he's one of our starters. What if he tears his ACL or something over in Europe? That's completely useless, and he's too good for the competition over there. It wouldn't benefit him over, say, staying and doing the offseason program and veteran minicamps.

Cassel, Childress, Claridge, Ventrone, Britt... those are some of the guys I can see them sending.

Last edited:
primetime said:
Cassel, Childress, Claridge, Ventrone, Britt... those are some of the guys I can see them sending.
I also think maybe resign a LB Torrey or CB Spann or even an OL Krug..will be interesting to see who they add to that..look for some interesting signings

I thought Krug was already back on the Practice Squad?

Box_O_Rocks said:
I'd leave Cassel home to continue learning the offense and working with our WRs.
I'd leave Childress home for the same reason, he's got some of that Troy Brown shiftyness and we may need him to be our next 8th round wonder.
Ventrone may be a good choice. I don't see sending the O-linemen, they would do better working in the off-season program to build strength.
That new CB/S we just signed, Swann?
P.K. Sam.
Sign Torrey again and send him over, I liked what In heard from you TC regulars.
Eric Alexander and Ryan Claridge.
Santonio Thomas.
Randall Gay, James Sanders, Michael Stone all had limited time playing this year and might be better for paying then staying behind in the off-season program.

I didn't think that guys like Evans and Stone were eligible. I thought that they had to have less than 3 years experience to be able to be sent over there.

DaBruinz said:
I didn't think that guys like Evans and Stone were eligible. I thought that they had to have less than 3 years experience to be able to be sent over there.
Could be, too bad, they both would benefit. Like I told T-shirt, there's always some rule screwing up my perfect world.

I thought Chapman's blitz pickup improved from being over there and Evans needs work badly. Stone is great on STs and against the run, but I watched Booker juke him out of his jock rewatching the Miami game last night. He seems to be trying to bring the lumber and isn't as under control as he should be to make the open field tackles.

Primarily for young players..not vets of a few years..here's another name to add Mike McGrew WR on IR this year..

WILL NFLE be the kiss of death for Patriot players?? Interesting that players sent never make it back in the same way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back