Reaction score
Rob Rang updated his draft yesterday.

#24: Brandon Merriweather
#28: Paul Posluszny
#91: Mike Otto (OT)

His Cohort over there, Derek Harper, had this on his most recent mock:
#24: Aaron Ross
#28: Jarvis Moss

If the Pats went the way Harper predicts, I would be dumb-founded because neither player really fits into the Pats mold.

They both will be posting their final mocks on Friday, 4/27.

I saw that yesterday. I'm so used to the experts picking players I don't like in the first round that I'm begining to get a little numb. Rang, who I have a lot of respect for, surprised me a little w/ his pick of Otto @ 91. I like Otto but I didn't think he was athletic enough to justify that pick.

I saw that yesterday. I'm so used to the experts picking players I don't like in the first round that I'm begining to get a little numb. Rang, who I have a lot of respect for, surprised me a little w/ his pick of Otto @ 91. I like Otto but I didn't think he was athletic enough to justify that pick.

He is a Purdue LT that he has compared to Matt Light, so it doesn't surprise me he would link him to the Pats.

Rang, who I have a lot of respect for, surprised me a little w/ his pick of Otto @ 91. I like Otto but I didn't think he was athletic enough to justify that pick.

As I posted in the interactive mock when I selected Otto for the Giants, he's a 4-yr starter at LT from a major college. Those multi-yr starters will go earlier because they need less time to develop. Doesn't have the upside or athleticism as others, but he's a lunch-pail type that does his job w/o taking time off. Consistency is very valuable on the NFL level.

Sometimes the best personnel analysts are the worst at producing mock drafts. They can't see the forest from the trees. In this case, the only player I like from either of the two mocks above is Mike Otto.

Sometimes the best personnel analysts are the worst at producing mock drafts. They can't see the forest from the trees. In this case, the only player I like from either of the two mocks above is Mike Otto.
As a fit for the Pats, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye