PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLDraftScout.com gone???

I've known the webmaster, Brian Hitterman, for many years, so I'll have to send him a line. He's slipped me in before, so many he can slip me out now, since I did end up dishing out the real $ this time.

Last edited:
I just talked to Brian, and he said he'll continue to update the old site with the combine stats and bios that you can't find on CBS. It will still be open for media and scouts can use it like that did a few years back.

Last edited:
I just talked to Brian, and he said he'll continue to update the old site with the combine stats and bios that you can't find on CBS. It will still be open for media and scouts can use it like that did a few years back.
Let's see if I follow this...

They will maintain the current NFL Draft Scout format, and they will have a less informative parallel project with CBS? If that's the case I'm cool, if the current searchable data structure and in-depth profile is going away I'm bummed.

When you chat up Brian next time, give him a thumbs up, but note that ordering the data for one measurable, e.g. weight, only works for the first 50 prospects. The software won't allow you to move to the next 50 prospects maintaining that order.

Let's see if I follow this...

They will maintain the current NFL Draft Scout format, and they will have a less informative parallel project with CBS? If that's the case I'm cool, if the current searchable data structure and in-depth profile is going away I'm bummed.

When you chat up Brian next time, give him a thumbs up, but note that ordering the data for one measurable, e.g. weight, only works for the first 50 prospects. The software won't allow you to move to the next 50 prospects maintaining that order.

Right, he said he doesn't like the CBS format all that much and he'll continue pumping more stuff into the Draft Scout site. He designed and maintains all of it, so I'll have to tell him about the sorting problem.

Right, he said he doesn't like the CBS format all that much and he'll continue pumping more stuff into the Draft Scout site. He designed and maintains all of it, so I'll have to tell him about the sorting problem.

The CBS site sucks. And I told Frank Cooney that. Just in more polite words. I hope that they improve it because its just unusable right now.

Thankee kind sir!

Any upstae on the site?? Will it continue going forward OR...will this be the last year? Just wondering because IT is the only draft site I have paid for in revent years...and it seems quite in depth with 2500 plus players...is there another or others like that that have more??

Any upstae on the site?? Will it continue going forward OR...will this be the last year? Just wondering because IT is the only draft site I have paid for in revent years...and it seems quite in depth with 2500 plus players...is there another or others like that that have more??
I expect them to continue, the CBS partnership data is only good for the current year, you can't look at comparible players in the past to assess a current prospect's potential. I use NFL Draft Scout as much for their historical data as their current data, that's worth paying for.

I expect them to continue, the CBS partnership data is only good for the current year, you can't look at comparible players in the past to assess a current prospect's potential. I use NFL Draft Scout as much for their historical data as their current data, that's worth paying for.
Thanks...I agree..I have it bought it and will in the future..I also like that data from the past..much info..and easily available.

Redirects to CBS! What gives?

must...not...panic....

Maybe it was me, but I was bummed that for the last week or so I couldn't access the site. Can anyone else get in?

My subscription expired....I thought about 2 weeks less than a year..but I was going to renew...and then I was unsure...especially if there are new problems accessing it....Just curious whatt is going on... I LOVED the site as it was...BUT??? WHy pay money when it may NOT be around.

Ok, what is the deal? Is this site dead or what?

Can I pay for a subscription? or do I only get the watered down cbs site?

Still live and full-featured for subscribers. I just leafed through to doublecheck, and came away with the surprising reminder that Chad Pennington recorded a 33.5 vertical at the Combine.

Still live and full-featured for subscribers. I just leafed through to doublecheck, and came away with the surprising reminder that Chad Pennington recorded a 33.5 vertical at the Combine.

Well, he was a standout basketball player, IIRC. Lack of athleticism never hurt Chad. The combination of a weak right arm and playing most of his games in the Northeast autumn and winter did.

Sorry to turn you into my personal web site reviewer. But a few more questions:
Are the profiles and rankings for 2009/2010 updated regularly?
Have you seen any drop-off in the information quality?

I am close to subscribing, I haven't been ignoring my family nearly enough.

Sorry to turn you into my personal web site reviewer. But a few more questions:
Are the profiles and rankings for 2009/2010 updated regularly?
Have you seen any drop-off in the information quality?

I am close to subscribing, I haven't been ignoring my family nearly enough.

Seems to be updated as fully as ever. They don't have player analysis up yet for 2010, but the fullest rankings of any site and plenty of background info and stats.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back