PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL YouTube Super Tuesday: Super Bowl XXXVI !!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely remember who I was with, and I myself was splitting the uprights shortly thereafter, if you know what I mean... ;)
My youngest is a Blizzard ("Tuck Rule") Game baby (b. 10/21/02), so I can relate.

As far as BB goes, my favorite memory of him that year was after the second Miami game, which we won in Foxborough. It set us up to win the division, but it really showed Belichick's real emotions afterward; it was so gratifying to see him happy when he'd spent the season dealing with losses and defending keeping Brady in there; and the stupid media kept declaring that he was too stoic and glum all the time.

You just want to see the old uniforms, win or lose. ;)

Seriously though, I've yet to see the '76 Raiders game, and while I'm curious, I don't need anything else pissing me off these days. That said, there are lots of people who would love to revisit history, so I'm sure you're not alone in the desire for such a famous game.
Well, I rank them as at least the third best Patriots team ever, so it's the chance to see us at our best, and although they were the youngest team in the league, they played with maturity and determination, born from struggling through some tough seasons previously, similar to the '01 team, but mostly due to injuries.

Pat's records in 1975: 3-11 1976: 11-3; 2000: 5-11 2001: 11-5

As for the uniforms, Pittsburgh, Oakland, San Francisco, Dallas, Washington, Kansas City, Green Bay and most others did not and would never even consider erasing their logos, since 1963.

But, they didn't have the league assign someone to temporarily own their team who hates them, is not from their region of the country let alone city, who has nothing but contempt and disdain for them, who totally buys into media and league rhetoric denigrating them, and solely intends to move them to another city, and who winds up selling to a milquetoast who worships the NFL like it was the Vatican; coinciding with the explosion of social media, encouraging people to believe that the world either did not exist prior to 1993, or that whatever and whoever did was irrelevant and inconsequential.

So, sorry we're not the Ravens; we can at least appreciate that we got to see Pierce, Bird, Grogan, Orr, Russell and Williams play - and look - like champions.

Well, I rank them as at least the third best Patriots team ever

Jeez man....that's an awfully bold statement from an organization who has had an 18-1 record, and multiple 17-2 records (with championship rings to go with them).

Imagine a time...

...when kickoffs were a real play...

...when defensive players were allowed to hit offensive players...

...when the announcers treated the Patriots like little kids lucky to be at someone else's coronation...

mmmm....

....delicious. :D
Um, the announcers' treatment of the Patriots hasn't changed.

Maybe now, they say the Patriots snuck by security to get into the building...

Jeez man....that's an awfully bold statement from an organization who has had an 18-1 record, and multiple 17-2 records (with championship rings to go with them).
th
...been watching football since '65, and studied games and history previously

championship rings
lol...I hope you and lots of others get to see the game someday.

The '66 Packers, the '72 Dolphins, the '84 Niners, the '04 Patriots, the Four Horsemen or whoever stood no chance of overcoming Dreith and his crew that day. It was incomparable.

lol...I hope you and lots of others get to see the game someday.

The '66 Packers, the '72 Dolphins, the '84 Niners, the '04 Patriots, the Four Horsemen or whoever stood no chance of overcoming Dreith and his crew that day. It was incomparable.

Yeah, I've heard that it was bad. If I stumble across any type of access for that specific game, I will PM you.

Man, there are some great games there. The SF-Dallas "catch" game for example. Still have my VHS of the 1985 Pats AFCCG in Miami. Still one of my favorite Pats games of all time. Still ranks as #2 for me.

For those who may not be aware, the NFL Youtube channel has been posting full broadcasts of a Super Bowl each Tuesday.

Today they posted Super Bowl XXXVI Pats vs Rams.

This is great news for those who couldn't get their hands on the "Greatest Pats Games" DVD set and don't have a copy of the game (I have a copy but it was VHS, poor quality).

I recommend you check out the games that have been posted in prior weeks too! Each Friday they post some other 'non Super Bowl' classics.

One thing I found amusing was Madden's comments. (I enjoyed the Pat Summerall/Madden team)

Apply Madden's comments during that SB to today's defense. :D

17:10 - "Patriots defense is doing a good job" "It's not so much that they're hitting him or anything but they're mixing things up.....3 linemen , 4 linemen....3 linebackers..5 db's ...6 db's..7 db's ...keep changing it up on every play"

22:50 - "(The Defense) has played pretty well" "They haven't blitzed at all" " It's all about matching speed and coverage and not blitzing"

27:35 - "The Rams have had the ball....gone up and down the field ...they've had the time of possession..and had all those things but only have 3 points so.." :D

Last edited:
I found the following comment to be amusing just prior to the Rams' second field goal try (early 2nd qtr)...at the conclusion of the third down play he said something like "This will be out of the range for all kickers." It was 52 yards. A long field goal no doubt but attempted and made quite often in the NFL.

I found the following comment to be amusing just prior to the Rams' second field goal try (early 2nd qtr)...at the conclusion of the third down play he said something like "This will be out of the range for all kickers." It was 52 yards. A long field goal no doubt but attempted and made quite often in the NFL.

Madden had some classic Maddenisms during that game.

After Brady handed off twice to FB Edwards: "If you're going to toss a dog a bone why not two bones" hahaha

The game brings back a lot of memories.

Right from the start we see during the on-screen player intros how ****y the Rams are. They are smiling and shaking their heads up and down as if to say "we got this".

Then we see the graphic saying that the Rams are the #1 offense and the Pats are the 24th defense.

The narrative was set in concrete right from the start.

And Madden shows he didn't "get" the Pats offense right from the start. He said since they started their first series deep in their own end they'd have to establish the run, yet instead we see the Brady hit Brown on two inside routes and move the ball out to midfield.

The game brings back a lot of memories.

Right from the start we see during the on-screen player intros how ****y the Rams are. They are smiling and shaking their heads up and down as if to say "we got this".

Then we see the graphic saying that the Rams are the #1 offense and the Pats are the 24th defense.

The narrative was set in concrete right from the start.

And Madden shows he didn't "get" the Pats offense right from the start. He said since they started their first series deep in their own end they'd have to establish the run, yet instead we see the Brady hit Brown on two inside routes and move the ball out to midfield.

He understood the defensive scheme though.

this is one of those memories where you know exactly where you were and who you were with when the ball split the uprights
Sitting in my living room..a crappy SoCal Condo. I put my hands over my face in shock. "We won, Holy ****, WE WON!" I had tears in my eyes.

Another broadcaster fail........right before Vinatieri's game winning kick they show a hihglight of him attempting a field goal in pre game warmups......even though he made that one Summeral says something like "oh, well he missed that one in pre game".......but he didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down