PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL won't let Seau's family speak at HOF Induction

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@USATODAYsports: Report: NFL won't allow Junior Seau's family to speak at his Hall of Fame induction: http://t.co/jlOXQ1YQ4T http://t.co/jdpCgaz2lc

@YahooSchwab: Sorry, been writing and didn't really express this correctly: If the HOF doesn't let Junior Seau's family speak, that is garbage. Period.

@Rachel__Nichols: Junior Seau was not just any player. If his daughter wants to speak, the Hall of Fame should find a way to make that happen.

This is really sad and crappy on the nfls part (gee shocker ). This is about honoring him and if he was alive he wanted his daughter to speak so she should be able too!

What a bunch of morons.

And then they insult our intelligence by trying to tell us that this is purely a decision the HOF is making with no connection to the NFL. What a load of crap.

Read that. My question to this,was there some kind of threat from the family about using that platform as a smear campaign against the NFL and put a spot light on the law suit?

I absolutely want the daughters to be able to honor their father at the podium. That is the way it has always been and how it should stay.

I'm sure more will come out on this but if they are being denied this honor than screw the NFL (again). However, if they've already made it known that they are going to speak on brain injury awareness in Canton I'm not sure how I feel about that. If it is the time or place is for another discussion.

Read that. My question to this,was there some kind of threat from the family about using that platform as a smear campaign against the NFL and put a spot light on the law suit?

I absolutely want the daughters to be able to honor their father at the podium. That is the way it has always been and how it should stay.

I'm sure more will come out on this but if they are being denied this honor than screw the NFL (again). However, if they've already made it known that they are going to speak on brain injury awareness in Canton I'm not sure how I feel about that. If it is the time or place is for another discussion.
The daughter already said she would not speak about that. The nfl just don't give a crap they just want to make 100% sure nothing negative is allowed to be said about their league.

Let me see...... For the good of the 32? For the integrity of the game?.......or Protect the shield?

So spineless.

Does this help Roger maintain his Credibility?

Is it possible to **** up their image even more?

The daughter already said she would not speak about that. The nfl just don't give a crap they just want to make 100% sure nothing negative is allowed to be said about their league.

Well, if that's the case it's just another example of the ineptitude of the NFL. Of course they will fold under public pressure. She'll speak, almost guaranteed.

Goodell and the league are truly screwed with this and once that Will Smith movie comes out on Christmas Day later this year.

Goodell has no way out. He is Sepp Blatter. It's only a matter of time.

I would not want to be Roger Goodell even if you paid me $44 million per year.........

Cmon guys what did you expect? He was a patriot for a little while soooo...

Keeping digging Rodger.....a little deeper
upload_2015-7-24_16-46-23.jpeg

Last edited:
Integrity is behind every decision. :rolleyes:

If they had just let her speak from the beginning, nothing would have happened. Now their options are to hold fast on their decision (and take a nightmare of a PR hit) or capitulate to the masses, let her speak, in which case the image of a tearful girl, reminiscing about her father is going to be used as a signature piece in the "NFL will do anything to cover it's ass, even at the expense of players and their families" mantra.

The NFL really sucks at being evil well.

If they had just let her speak from the beginning, nothing would have happened. Now their options are to hold fast on their decision (and take a nightmare of a PR hit) or capitulate to the masses, let her speak, in which case the image of a tearful girl, reminiscing about her father is going to be used as a signature piece in the "NFL will do anything to cover it's ass, even at the expense of players and their families" mantra.

The NFL really sucks at being evil well.

One thing is guaranteed.

The filmmakers for that Will Smith Concussion movie are right now scrambling to get this coda added into their film before it goes into final screen production.......

It's a slow motion car crash for Goodell. At this point he is like one of those Enron execs whistling Dixie while the vultures circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back