PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Steelers at Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Just Wow! :eek:

Never saw this outcome!

Absolutely hilarious to watch the dinosaur Steelers collapse to the Tebows. Superbowl loss followed up by going one and done to an 80 yard Tebow bomb in OT. Couldn't have happened any better to an organization filled with rapists and dirtbags.

Well, I DID get to watch MY team in the Superbowl last year. And I would think you Pats fans know a thing or two about one and dones in the playoffs as well. **** happens. We'll be back next year. ;-)

And this is a major part of my argument with my ******ed, idiot Steeler fan friends who put fatass Ben up with Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, etc. He leads them to the SB one year, only to miss the playoffs the next. HE typically plays awful in the biggest games, SBs and AFCCs. Throw in the fact that he is a scumbag and I have airtight case.

Watch out clubs and bars around the US, the Steelers are done and Big Ben is on the prowl.

Well, I DID get to watch MY team in the Superbowl last year. And I would think you Pats fans know a thing or two about one and dones in the playoffs as well. **** happens. We'll be back next year. ;-)

Honest question Trigger. Is it weird/annoying to win two superbowls while the Patriots were rebuilding, and while your squad is aging you see the Patriots rapidly on the incline? If it were me it would be a regal annoyance, but there's got to be at least a shred of admiration for a teams ability to literally turnover a roster in two years.

Agreed, but as we all know, Polamalu is NOT a sterotypical SS. He plays the entire field and is often used in pass coverage. Mundy doesn't have the speed to do what Troy CAN do, if schemed properly.
Looks like the Steelers and Patriots will be competing for free safeties in the 2012 NFL Draft.

An alcohol-induced coma sounds like a pretty good idea right now.

Good luck to your Saints. They look pretty damn good right now. Hoping to see them represent the NFC this year.
lol...dont fret to much, sometimes set backs are a good thing. Rams kicked our ass :) Thank you thats very nice of you.

Looks like the Steelers and Patriots will be competing for free safeties in the 2012 NFL Draft.

The way things are going, Edelman may just take the job.

Honest question Trigger. Is it weird/annoying to win two superbowls while the Patriots were rebuilding, and while your squad is aging you see the Patriots rapidly on the incline? If it were me it would be a regal annoyance, but there's got to be at least a shred of admiration for a teams ability to literally turnover a roster in two years.

Nah, I don't see it that way I guess. Yes, we're aging in SOME areas, but our offense is relatively young and heading in a positive direction (I'm really impressed by our yound WRs and Redman shows a lot of promise). The game has evolved to a point that you almost need to have some dynamics on Offense. It's getting progressively more difficult to win on defense alone. The Steelers have some big potential for an explosive offense in the years to come.

I wouldn't say that the Pats had a massive turnover...you hit the jackpot with some great young TEs and you have a young RB with some upside now. The receiving corp is still a revolving door, with Welker obviously being the obvious leader. Beyond that, your defense is still a long way away from being elite, and just like my Steelers, not ALL of your gambles pay off (ie. Ochocinco).

For the most part, the Pats and the Steelers both have done a very good job at staying competitive every year (at least for the past several years). I have faith in my organization's ability to keep doing what they do best...draft well and develop players well. Similar to the way I respect the Pats for their offseason moves and ability to develop players.

We both are fortunate to be fans of very solid organizations from the top down. I respect the Pats, but I don't envy them.

The way things are going, Edelman may just take the job.
I'd rather spend the money in unrestricted free agency on Dashon Goldson.

Last edited:
Nah, I don't see it that way I guess. Yes, we're aging in SOME areas, but our offense is relatively young and heading in a positive direction (I'm really impressed by our yound WRs and Redman shows a lot of promise). The game has evolved to a point that you almost need to have some dynamics on Offense. It's getting progressively more difficult to win on defense alone. The Steelers have some big potential for an explosive offense in the years to come.

I wouldn't say that the Pats had a massive turnover...you hit the jackpot with some great young TEs and you have a young RB with some upside now. The receiving corp is still a revolving door, with Welker obviously being the obvious leader. Beyond that, your defense is still a long way away from being elite, and just like my Steelers, not ALL of your gambles pay off (ie. Ochocinco).

For the most part, the Pats and the Steelers both have done a very good job at staying competitive every year (at least for the past several years). I have faith in my organization's ability to keep doing what they do best...draft well and develop players well. Similar to the way I respect the Pats for their offseason moves and ability to develop players.

We both are fortunate to be fans of very solid organizations from the top down. I respect the Pats, but I don't envy them.

Great post, and I'm with you on pretty much everything you said. That being said, don't you wish that the two teams could face eachother at full strength? Like if the '04 Patriots could face the '08 Steelers? It's too bad that the teams we root for seem to win the AFC when the other is down. It'd be awesome if both teams could compete at full strength. It would be a war and an awesome rivalry.

Great post, and I'm with you on pretty much everything you said. That being said, don't you wish that the two teams could face eachother at full strength? Like if the '04 Patriots could face the '08 Steelers? It's too bad that the teams we root for seem to win the AFC when the other is down. It'd be awesome if both teams could compete at full strength. It would be a war and an awesome rivalry.

That would be awesome. Unfortunately, injuries happen every year and it's pretty rare for even ONE team to be "complete" on both sides of the ball, let alone TWO. I suppose it could come down to that someday. But one thing for certain...not THIS year. :-(

Thanks for the post though. Good stuff!

That would be awesome. Unfortunately, injuries happen every year and it's pretty rare for even ONE team to be "complete" on both sides of the ball, let alone TWO. I suppose it could come down to that someday. But one thing for certain...not THIS year. :-(

Thanks for the post though. Good stuff!

Yeah, man, for what it's worth it's too bad the Steelers fell to the injury bug this year. In my mind, a championship isn't real unless the Pats and the Steelers go at it in the playoffs. There's no other team in the AFC I have more respect for than your team. It's hard to dislike a team that runs the ball and plays a damn good, physical 34. Here's to both our teams getting better and more playoff battles in the future.

Last edited:
It's hard to dislike a team that runs the ball and plays a damn good, physical 34.

Try going to school in the Ohio Valley/Tri-State area and have to be around these morons for 4 years. It's hard to like a team with such an idiot fan base.

Try going to school in the Ohio Valley/Tri-State area and have to be around these morons for 4 years. It's hard to like a team with such an idiot fan base.

Fan bases can be annoying, hell the Patriots have one of the most annoying aggregation of pink helmets in the league.

The thing I have always loved and respected about the Steelers is that they have always honored the soul and spirit of the game. They run the ball, and they play a damn good 34 defense. As football fans, we're obligated to love that.

Fan bases can be annoying, hell the Patriots have one of the most annoying aggregation of pink helmets in the league.

The thing I have always loved and respected about the Steelers is that they have always honored the soul and spirit of the game. They run the ball, and they play a damn good 34 defense. As football fans, we're obligated to love that.

Where's your blog, Jay? Been waiting for it.

Where's your blog, Jay? Been waiting for it.

Trying to figure out some details, man. Will be going live on thursday regardless of host.

Last edited:

We're obligated to do no such thing.

F to hell the PitsDirt Squealers & their sanctimonious hypocrite Rooney Rule ownership, their lawless thug dirtbag scum players, and their Neanderthal, hear-no-evil see-no-evil speak-no-evil, toilet-paper-waving slob fanboys.

I'd rather see the J-E-S-T win a SB than those bastiches.

Yeah, man, for what it's worth it's too bad the Steelers fell to the injury bug this year. In my mind, a championship isn't real unless the Pats and the Steelers go at it in the playoffs. There's no other team in the AFC I have more respect for than your team. It's hard to dislike a team that runs the ball and plays a damn good, physical 34. Here's to both our teams getting better and more playoff battles in the future.

Nice, classy post.

We certainly had our share of injuries both during the year and in-game yesterday, but TBH that's just part of the game--always has been--and some years you just aren't as fortunate as others (as you all well know from '08). I personally think we have to credit Denver for simply playing some fantastic ball yesterday. Say what you will about Tebow, he landed haymakers all afternoon (never saw that coming!) and threw pinpoint deep balls that might have made even TFB proud ;) I posted here previously that I thought the Denver game would be tight and no gimme, and frankly even if we'd been able to come back I don't know that we were ever really in a position to make any kind of serious postseason run.

Regarding the future, I'm pretty hopeful going forward. We've been drafting very well lately and have quite a a good collection of talented younger players (Brown, Wallace, Sanders, Pouncey, Hood, Heyward, Timmons, Woodley) that have been gradually replacing our core. We probably need to draft another OL and DB or two, but I think as long as Ben stays upright we'll be in the mix. I think we were just a bit snakebit this year with the injury bug, and could never quite develop any continuity. Things felt disjointed all year (fwiw we probably peaked in the NE game...not the best time of year to peak LOL).

That said I think things are setting up extremely well for you guys for a return to the SB. You'll probably get Balt at home, and they're a different team away from their place. Good luck the rest of the year...

lillloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back