PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Ravens at Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everyone that the perfect scenario for wildcard weekend occurred for the pats.

The Pats get the JEST having the worst quarterback by far left in the playoffs.

The Ravens and Steelers get to kill eachother.

Agreed. I said it before - thumping the Jets again and then facing an AFC North team in a tough matchup for the Championship game is a fitting path for how this season has gone. We already know anything can happen, but at the very least, I have no worries about the Pats being able to perform.

The Chiefs wideouts are so bad that Kevin Curtis took over the WR2 spot here, in the playoffs, after only being in camp since tuesday, and the former WR2, Chambers, was made inactive.

Brady would have gotten his ass kicked if he'd been in there for Cassel.

I'd argue that Moeaki & Bowe are a much better pair of receiving options than Brady had in 2006.

Patriots Lite in KC getting a whupping from the Ravens just shows what a difference there is between playoff football and the regular season in namby-pamby land AFC West. You gotta be ready and focused or you get your ass kicked as the Pats learned unceremoniously last season.

If the Ravens D plays with the same level of intensity, Rapistberger is in for a long afternoon next weekend with the banged up offensive line he's got. I hope he gets his ass kicked and finds out what it feels like to be trapped in a small space and forced onto his knees. What a jerk.

As far as the Pats-Ravens, the game will be entirely different than what we're watching today. I suspect the Pats will find a way to keep the LBs and DBs in their passing lanes and mount some drives. The Chiefs were screwed once they had to abandon the running game in the 2nd half.

It is also going to be either unfortunate or hilarious (take your pick) that McDaniels will most likely not replace Weis due to a personal grudge. The dude was way, way in over his head as a head coach and didn't know how to coddle a cry baby like Cutler, but he would be a great O.C. for the Chiefs and already has proven chemistry with Cassel. I'm also finding it hard now to consider anyone other than Belichick as coach of the year. The Bucs and Chiefs beat nobody in any games of import.

Patriots Lite in KC getting a whupping from the Ravens just shows what a difference there is between playoff football and the regular season in namby-pamby land AFC West.

True that. There's plenty of justice in seeing the AFCW & S wiped out on wildcard weekend.

Should Pioli reunite Cassel with Moss?

I'd argue that Moeaki & Bowe are a much better pair of receiving options than Brady had in 2006.

Not even close. Watson in 2006 was much better than Moeaki is right now, and Bowe, who was limited by an ankle injury, couldn't get open at all, as Simms pointed out.

Last edited:
hahahaha, no. Moss is done.

And conversely you could argue that Brady was already a HOF lock with a track record of success by then leading an otherwise veteran team and offense with a damn site better HC. And you could also argue that Brady had a better pair of receiving options in 2005 than Cassel did today and... You could argue lots of things. At the end of the day the Chief's are a young team two years into a nearly total rebuild with a rookie HC who isn't the most disciplined and poised coach on the field and on their second set of coordinators (and about to be 3rd on offense) so there is really no basis for comparison. They made a lot more mistakes today than they did on average in a an up and down ten win season. Against a veteran playoff team who exposed all their weaknesses. We forget here that not every Cinderella story ends in confetti and that doesn't mean it's time to throw in the towel...

They have a lot quality pieces. Just not enough but give Pioli time to fill in the blanks. I think they can be a contender for a while. And not every contender ever wins. We're a little spoiled around here where the success or failure of seasons is measured almost exclusively in Lombardi's...

Should Pioli reunite Cassel with Moss?

Probably a tempting though but we already saw what happened between Moss and Chilly. Haley sounds like a control monger so it doesn't seem like it would be a good fit. Larry Fitzgerald, on the other hand...

I agree with everyone that the perfect scenario for wildcard weekend occurred for the pats.

The Pats get the JEST having the worst quarterback by far left in the playoffs.

The Ravens and Steelers get to kill eachother.

While I'm cautious to be careful what I wish for, I also have to agree after watching the Ravens dismantle KC and the way Sanchez was throwing the ball last night. Let the Steelers play the Ravens and we get the Jets, probably worked out for the best but I guess we'll find out for sure Sunday.

I wasn't too suprised to see Cassel struggle in his first playoff game and against a tough D. This is why as much as I love the guy I'm hesitant to put him in the top 10 yet, but still an above average starter.

While I'm cautious to be careful what I wish for, I also have to agree after watching the Ravens dismantle KC and the way Sanchez was throwing the ball last night. Let the Steelers play the Ravens and we get the Jets, probably worked out for the best but I guess we'll find out for sure Sunday.

The turnout isn't good just because of who is playing who, but because the NFL has scheduled it so that whoever was going to come out of the game at Heinz was going to be more rested than the Patriots. One bruiser game followed by another against a rested opponent really isn't much of a reward for gaining the #1 seed, particularly since those AFC North teams are tied for second best numerical record in the conference. For what the seeding and scheduling is for this post season, things are going the way they should. The Pats will be ready to roll next weekend.

I would love to be able to end the Jets and Ravens season in back to back weeks!!

yep, and since the ravens and steelers will be bashing each others brains out, a key injury might give us a huge advantage (although i wouldnt mind beating any of those teams at full health)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back