PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Bengals at Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad pass interference, didn't even attempt to make a play on the ball.

I think they said it was for 52 yards, I agree this needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
So I assume we're all rooting for the Bengals. A Bengals win and a Pitts win tomorrow set up Pitts and Balt for the divisonal round which would be excellent. I'd rather have Denver take out Balt, but we all know they're not getting that far.

I am not rooting for anybody. I prayed for the Jets last season and you know what i got?

I am not rooting for anybody. I prayed for the Jets last season and you know what i got?

Exactly. New England has to beat someone next week. Obviously not all opponents are even talent-wise, but on any given Sunday any team has a chance.

Ya, let's go Bengals............Great start

True, anything can happen, but you have to admit that the Bengals appear to be the better matchup than the next most probable Steelers.

That P.I. call on Quinn looms large and with the way these two teams have started out on offense, might be turning point in this game... early on.

I agree that the 52 yard penalty is frustrating. Correct call, but it should be for 15 yards, like in college. A penalty that completely flips the field is not commensurate with the actual interference. Frustrating.

And I am definitely rooting for the Bengals. I think we'd easily beat them.

Exactly. New England has to beat someone next week. Obviously not all opponents are even talent-wise, but on any given Sunday any team has a chance.

The difference is Pittsburgh has something like a 40% chance and a team like Denver would have a 2% chance. Facing the Bengals instead of the Steelers would be huge for us, no need to be diplomatic about it.

The difference is Pittsburgh has something like a 40% chance and a team like Denver would have a 2% chance. Facing the Bengals instead of the Steelers would be huge for us, no need to be diplomatic about it.

Yeah, for sure the matchup to covet will be against Cincy.

"And what a play by Peko trying to destroy the integrity of Myer". That made me laugh, I love when Mayock is overdramatic when commenting on a play.

Foster is starting to heat up. He had a really nice cut-back run a few plays ago.

Terrible personal foul call against Concy, man used his shoulder pad to hit the recievers shoulder pad......

Houston looking like a genuine grown up playoff football team.

Terrible personal foul call against Concy, man used his shoulder pad to hit the recievers shoulder pad......

Yup. Just horrible. You simply can't hit a receiver hard in the middle of the field anymore. The refs hear the 'pop' and throw the flag, it's ridiculous.

Love the Foster 'do. That's one hair stylist who must have been udner serious pressure.

Yup. Just horrible. You simply can't hit a receiver hard in the middle of the field anymore. The refs hear the 'pop' and throw the flag, it's ridiculous.

The problem I see with the rule is if you hit the head area at all it's a penalty. So if your initial hit is lower and your head rises as the guy goes down and there's contact, there's a flag. Not sure how you change that though.

Heard on the radio during the pregame show that the Cincy run defense has been rather generous the past several weeks, culminating in allowing roughly 200 yards to Baltimore in the season finale.

If the get by Houston, I like the Bennie/Ridley combo's chances next Saturday night at the Razor.

Last edited:
If at some point in the playoffs we end up playing Houston, the players best try to dislodge the ball from Foster. That man cannot hold on to the football.

I know their turning the game into a sissy sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes