PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 7 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta is crushing Cincinnati, 24-3. I can't help but wonder if this is Marvin Lewis' last season as head coach for the Bengals.

Atlanta is crushing Cincinnati, 24-3. I can't help but wonder if this is Marvin Lewis' last season as head coach for the Bengals.

He should've been out already, sorry to say.

Great point. I was really hoping that Miami would be able to expose a Steeler's weakness that the Pats - and other teams - would be able to exploit later this season.

The problem is our WR's are nowhere near as physical as the Dolphins WR's are- we respected that with bracket coverage (Steelers didn't). The Steelers will probably continue that single coverage with our WR's without any problems. We will have to get at them some other way.

The Bills can't help themselves...geesh

Tampa Bay's fast early season start is looking like a mirage. The Rams are up 17-3 on the road, but the game isn't close at all so far.

First Downs: Rams 13, Bucs 4
Third Down: Rams 5/8, Bucs 1/6
Total Yards: Rams 190, Bucs 69
Total Plays: Rams 34, Bucs 22

Last edited:
The problem is our WR's are nowhere near as physical as the Dolphins WR's are- we respected that with bracket coverage (Steelers didn't). The Steelers will probably continue that single coverage with our WR's without any problems. We will have to get at them some other way.

The Pats don't have a Brandon Marshall but our receivers are better route runners overall. Welker, Branch, Tate. Add in our superior tight ends - Gonzalez, Gronk. Who you gonna stop?

Plus Tom Brady > Chad Henne. Care to reconsider your evaluation of our offense's chances against that Steeler D?

I don't see any team that can single cover all our receivers without one of them getting open. The Pats still have a top 5 offense in the NFL and our young guys are only going to get better as they establish their timing and chemistry with Brady.

Last edited:
The Pats don't have a Brandon Marshall but our receivers are better route runners overall. Welker, Branch, Tate. Add in our superior tight ends - Gonzalez, Gronk. Who you gonna stop?

Plus Tom Brady > Chad Henne. Care to reconsider your evaluation of our offense's chances against that Steeler D?

Not to mention that Brady has traditionally owned LeBeau's defenses.

Last edited:
if baltimore is having a let down because of the physical game last week ..it could show on the pats too...

if baltimore is having a let down because of the physical game last week ..it could show on the pats too...

Why? The game wasn't physical for us. It was the Pats who were dishing out the beating.

That would be unfortunate.

true, except two differences pop out

1. we won

2. BB > Tomlin

Why? The game wasn't physical for us. It was the Pats who were dishing out the beating.

I think you're right. But we don't know that. I do recall them saying we practiced without pads early this week, which would mean the opposite.

I'm with you in spirit on this, however, and hope it's true!

Note to Bills: Cover Heap.

of course buffalo gives up a TD before the half 24-20. maybe their demise has begun

i think it was pretty physical on both sides..

No more physical than a normal football game for us. For them, it was especially physical.

Drew Brees is now tied for the most interceptions (9) in the NFL right now with Alex Smith.

Funny how quickly people annointed him among the class of Brady and Manning, some even putting him ahead of Brady.

When it comes to the Bills self-destructing, the question is not "if"; it is "when".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back