PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 5 Chargers vs Steelers MNF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donkeys could win that division by mid december lol

"gutty!!!".. "they're tough guys!!!"..."they lose this game if not for TOUGH GUYS!!"..."let's testicle gargle the next four hours GAA GAA GOONY!!!!"

Shredded wheat arm Manning now has nothing to worry about the rest of the season...the Broncos won their division tonight!! YAY ROGER!!!! REAL FOOTBALL WITH INTEGRITY OF THE GAME!!!

what a friggin shytshow...

San Diego should really move to LA, this team doesn't have any heart, ever.

Yup, as much as people want to wax poetic about how the Chargers fans deserve better... the fanbase as a whole has done nothing to demonstrate that they deserve to keep a team. You shouldn't be the minority in your own stadium multiple times per year, especially when playing a bunch of teams that are based 1,000 miles away or more. LA will do better by them than that.

16 road games a year would be tough on any team...

I lived there for about a decade. Went to every Patriots game there during that time. Every single one felt like a home game for the Patriots. Even in the 2006-07 playoffs. I'd go to other games every now and then too; tickets were so cheap. It's a city of transplants heavily skewed towards the North East and Chicago. The Chargers just need to go somewhere else.

I don't see how anyone views the Steelers as a threat to the Patriots. They are all about big play offense (which didn't work last year against the Ravens and will fail again this January). Their defense is hardly worth fearing. Brady owned them when they were a million times better than this. Fat Ben hasn't even won a playoff game in nearly 5 years and Mike Tomlin is an idiotic hypocritical coach. Hell, both of their Super Bowls came at the expense of somebody taking out the Patriots for them.

I don't see how anyone views the Steelers as a threat to the Patriots. They are all about big play offense (which didn't work last year against the Ravens and will fail again this January). Their defense is hardly worth fearing. Brady owned them when they were a million times better than this. Fat Ben hasn't even won a playoff game in nearly 5 years and Mike Tomlin is an idiotic hypocritical coach. Hell, both of their Super Bowls came at the expense of somebody taking out the Patriots for them.

While all your points are true, their defense isn't nearly as bad as some predicted, and they have one hell of a bell cow RB with Bell, so I'm not sure that I'd agree with the thought of them strictly being a big play offense. I think they have big play capability and take advantage of the big play, but they're more than willing to put the game on Bell's shoulders just as well, and when Ben gets back they obviously shoot up the scale of contenders in dramatic fashion.

At the end of the day, I think most of your thoughts are correct, but I wouldn't go counting them out either. Most importantly, I don't believe that either of those teams has won in the regular season then gone on to win in the postseason rematch. It has always been a split when they face each other again, and I could see them being one of those pain in the ass wildcard teams. I can't stand them. I hate them more than the Jets, personally.

Donkeys could win that division by mid december lol

That's what I've been saying all summer, with most throwing the lowly Chiefs back in an attempt to force some type of pointless debate. That division was locked up before the season even started.

different season, same stupid chargers.
losing to vick is inexcusable.

While all your points are true, their defense isn't nearly as bad as some predicted, and they have one hell of a bell cow RB with Bell, so I'm not sure that I'd agree with the thought of them strictly being a big play offense. I think they have big play capability and take advantage of the big play, but they're more than willing to put the game on Bell's shoulders just as well, and when Ben gets back they obviously shoot up the scale of contenders in dramatic fashion.

At the end of the day, I think most of your thoughts are correct, but I wouldn't go counting them out either. Most importantly, I don't believe that either of those teams has won in the regular season then gone on to win in the postseason rematch. It has always been a split when they face each other again, and I could see them being one of those pain in the ass wildcard teams. I can't stand them. I hate them more than the Jets, personally.

Try and name 6 good teams in the AFC right now . . .
Steelers will probably be the 5th seed and breeze through the Colts or Broncos in the WC round.

Try and name 6 good teams in the AFC right now . . .
Steelers will probably be the 5th seed and breeze through the Colts or Broncos in the WC round.

I fully agree with you. I believe that at least one WC team gets in at 9-7. That could be Pittsburgh, Buffalo, the NYJ, or some combo of 2/3.

I just can't get behind the whole idea of "there's no one to compete with us." Maybe I'm just too careful, or maybe I'm a bit pessimistic, but I think people tend to fall into the trap of forgetting what the postseason is all about. It's almost as though some have no memory whatsoever. Every single game is a battle, and any so-called "mediocre" team can have a good gameplan and pull off the victory.

I'm not saying that I'm biting my nails in the corner at the thought of facing PIT, but yes--I also don't overlook them as a fan, either. Here's hoping that ARZ beats them up next week.

EDIT: I think DEN would smack them down, for what it's worth. That defense would stop them in my opinion. IND is a much different story, and I could even see PIT going to CIN and winning a #6 vs. #3 matchup if the Broncos/Patriots end up with the bye.

You haven't been watching the Steelers in the past couple of seasons.

I fully agree with you. I believe that at least one WC team gets in at 9-7. That could be Pittsburgh, Buffalo, the NYJ, or some combo of 2/3.

I just can't get behind the whole idea of "there's no one to compete with us." Maybe I'm just too careful, or maybe I'm a bit pessimistic, but I think people tend to fall into the trap of forgetting what the postseason is all about. It's almost as though some have no memory whatsoever. Every single game is a battle, and any so-called "mediocre" team can have a good gameplan and pull off the victory.

I'm not saying that I'm biting my nails in the corner at the thought of facing PIT, but yes--I also don't overlook them as a fan, either. Here's hoping that ARZ beats them up next week.

EDIT: I think DEN would smack them down, for what it's worth. That defense would stop them in my opinion. IND is a much different story, and I could even see PIT going to CIN and winning a #6 vs. #3 matchup if the Broncos/Patriots end up with the bye.

Like the Colts, Denver will win their division by default. Their soft schedule gives them an excellent shot at a 1 or 2 seed. I still see them as 1 and done in the playoffs for these reasons:
-their o-line sucks;
-no running game;
-that pass rush will exhaust itself as the season progresses (Demarcus Ware already hurt);
-and, most importantly, Peyton Manning.

You haven't been watching the Steelers in the past couple of seasons.

I actually have. Clamp down their running game and that offense doesn't do much if they don't get the big pass play to go their way if the pass rush is getting to Fat Ben. He will hold onto the ball looking for that 15+ yard pass and be taking hits/sacks just like he did against the Ravens last January. And don't be spewing any injury card on Bell either. Fat Ben is being labled as a top tier QB and was going up against a Ravens D with a patched up secondary at home. His only TD drive was set up by a long bomb by Antonio Brown after a Forsett fumble.

Last edited:
pdQ3Efu.jpg

I know Steelers fans "travel well", but this is pathetic. They should move.

I actually have. Clamp down their running game and that offense doesn't do much if they don't get the big pass play to go their way if the pass rush is getting to Fat Ben. He will hold onto the ball looking for that 15+ yard pass and be taking hits/sacks just like he did against the Ravens last January. And don't be spewing any injury card on Bell either. Fat Ben is being labled as a top tier QB and was going up against a Ravens D with a patched up secondary at home. His only TD drive was set up by a long bomb by Antonio Brown after a Forsett fumble.

If you're claiming that the Steelers are all about the big play, and you were, you haven't watched the Steelers in at least 3 years, and you don't know what you're talking about.

As much as i dislike the steelers, if they survive bens injury and make it in with him healthy, they could be a tough out.

Sure alot can change but right now the only teams that concern me in the slightest are cincy and pitt, and we may just have to go through both.

If you're claiming that the Steelers are all about the big play, and you were, you haven't watched the Steelers in at least 3 years, and you don't know what you're talking about.
Someone is still asshurt that I made them look like a fool in the Raplisberger thread. Clamp down on their run game, take away the big plays and that offense is very limited. Go ahead and spew back the "you don't know what you're talking about" or "go troll someone else" lines as your defensive tactic. Somebody didn't watch the last Steelers playoff game. I also wasn't talking the last 3 years. I pretty much was basing this off of last season with Bryant in the mix.

And you still didn't answer my question...Since you use Super Bowl rings in your argument, is Eli Manning in Fat Bens Class? He has the same amount and actually beat our beloved Brady unlike Fat Ben.

As much as i dislike the steelers, if they survive bens injury and make it in with him healthy, they could be a tough out.

Sure alot can change but right now the only teams that concern me in the slightest are cincy and pitt, and we may just have to go through both.

Steelers are not a team to worry about. Not with Tomlin as head coach or that Fat piece of crap at QB. Bengals? Marvin Lewis is the coach and Andy Dalton is the QB. Hardly a team to fear. The only team in that division who was worth giving a damn over were the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back