NFL Week 2 Schedule and Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
NFL Week 2 Schedule and Predictions
By: Steve Balestrieri

Peyton Manning showed the reports of his demise are premature and I expect him to be better this week as he gets more comfortable with his receivers and they with him....

I'm going to quickly de-rail this thread. My fantasy team has some pretty sweet match-ups this week. Should be a big week for me as I go 2-0...

QB: Cam Newton vs. Saints
RB: Ray Rice vs. Eagles
RB: Stevan Ridley (I started him last week) vs. Cardinals
WR: A.J. Green vs. Browns
WR: Demaryius Thomas vs. Falcons
TE: Aaron Hernandez vs. Cardinals
FLEX: Alshon Jeffery vs. Packers
D/ST: Ravens vs. Eagles
K: Garrett Hartley vs. Panthers

I'm expecting Alshon to go off.

I disagree with nearly half of those picks. The Ravens are not scoring 30+ points of the Eagles Defense. A lot of teams will come crashing down to earth next week, IMO

I'm going to quickly de-rail this thread. My fantasy team has some pretty sweet match-ups this week. Should be a big week for me as I go 2-0...

QB: Cam Newton vs. Saints
RB: Ray Rice vs. Eagles
RB: Stevan Ridley (I started him last week) vs. Cardinals
WR: A.J. Green vs. Browns
WR: Demaryius Thomas vs. Falcons
TE: Aaron Hernandez vs. Cardinals
FLEX: Alshon Jeffery vs. Packers
D/ST: Ravens vs. Eagles
K: Garrett Hartley vs. Panthers

I'm expecting Alshon to go off.

I agree, I'm tossing up whether to start him over Larry Fitzgerald. I've been saying since last season that Jeffery would be the best WR out of the 2012 draft and Chicago is a perfect fit for him.

But back on topic, I don't think the Panthers get that close to the Saints and I wouldn't count out the Browns, they are better than they showed vs the Eagles. And the Lions 9ers game is gonna be a lot of fun to watch. Lion's O vs San Fran D will be a good matchup.

I disagree with nearly half of those picks. The Ravens are not scoring 30+ points of the Eagles Defense. A lot of teams will come crashing down to earth next week, IMO

You're going to de-rail my de-rail? Fine. I'll play your wicked game...

Thursday 8:20 PM ET

Bears at Packers: Hard to see the Packers losing two in a row. The Chicago defense is clearly superior and they should be able to score some points, but I think that Rodgers will be throwing darts all over the place (even without Jennings). Again, I don't see the Packers dropping to 0-2.

Sunday, September 16th 1:00 PM ET

Buccaneers at Giants: I think the Giants will be in for a tougher one here than they may be anticipating. The Bucs defense looked like it took a nice step forward last week and Barron was all over the place. Still, the Giants are the defending Super Bowl champions and they have a bad taste in their mouths from being stunned by the Cowboys. I'm taking the Giants here.

Raiders at Dolphins: Raiders take advantage of multiple turnovers by the Dolphins and McFadden has a big game. Raiders.

Texans at Jaguars: I want to say that the Texans will slaughter the Jags, but they always seem to give Houston a tough time, especially at home. Still, the Texans pull this one out in the end. Texans.

Browns at Bengals: Weeden literally can't get out of his own way. The Bengals defense will rebound and so will Dalton and A.J. Green. Bengals.

Chiefs at Bills: Cassel will probably have a terrible game but so will Fitzpatrick. I trust the Cheifs defense more than the Bills, so I think Kansas City pulls this one out in a very slow, boring game. Chiefs.

Ravens at Eagles: I don't think the Ravens are going to be able to roll all over the Eagles like they did the Bengals, so this one should be a little bit tighter. But the Eagles had trouble moving the ball against the Browns, of all teams, last week. I shudder to think what the Ravens' D will do to them. Ravens.

Saints at Panthers: I concur with the OP. Saints.

Cardinals at Patriots: Patrick Peterson and Brandon Lloyd will be an interesting match-up to watch. As will Stevan Ridley vs. their run D. Outside of that, I don't see how the Cards match up with any of our other weapons. Pats.

Vikings at Colts: Vikings.

4:05 PM ET

Redskins at Rams: The Rams should be able to do a better job of slowing down RGIII than the Saints did, now that they have some game tape on him. But I see St. Louis going 0-2 to start in Jeff Fisher's first season there. I expect a tight game, though. Redskins.

Cowboys at Seahawks: Cowboys defense looked really good last week. If that keeps up and Romo plays the way he did against the Giants, the Cowboys should coast to a win. Cowboys.

4:25 PM ET

Jets at Steelers: The Steelers will be getting Ryan Clark back and Big Ben won't serve up turnovers to the Jets the way Fitzpatrick did last week. I see the Jets coming back to Earth as their offense gets bogged down early and often. Steelers.

Titans at Chargers: The Chargers now have the benefit of seeing a game's worth of footage on Locker. Chargers.

8:20 PM ET

Lions at 49ers: The Lions don't have the running game to make the 49ers respect that aspect of the offense. Their passing game will get bogged down the way Green Bay's did last week. On the flip side, the 49ers are multidimensional and I'm not buying Detroit's performance in the secondary last Sunday against the hapless Rams. Niners.

Monday 8:30 PM ET

Broncos at Falcons: It's going to be interesting watching the Broncos OL vs. the Falcons DL. I want to see how Manning handles a defense that can generate a pass rush by sending their front four. Broncos should start off slow but turn it on in the end. Broncos in a shoot out.

not trusting steelers vs jets. their D hasnt been good lately..largely living of reputation and lebeau's last two game plans havent been good and his plan vs tebow's offense vs terrible not to mention the jets have beaten the steelers @home before . I hope steelers win but not totally trusting them.

Tonight's game should be a very good one to watch. The Bears were playing pretty well last year before Jay Cutler and Matt Forte were hurt. Now they've added Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery and Michael Bush on offense. While I do agree that it is difficult to envision Green Bay losing back to back games, the Bears are my pick to win this game.

I expect the jets to be brought back down to reality sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back