PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 17 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
For all non-Patriots week 17 game discussion.

1pm
Bucs (9-6) @ Saints (11-4)
Raiders (7-7) @ Chiefs (10-5)
Steelers (11-4) @ Browns (5-10)
Bengals (4-11) @ Ravens (11-4)
Bills (4-11) @ Jets (10-5)
Panthers (3-13) @ Falcons (12-3)
Vikings (6-9) @ Lions (5-10)

4pm
Titans (6-9) @ Colts (8-6)
Jaguars (8-7) @ Texans (5-9)
Bears (11-4) @ Packers (8-6)
Giants (9-6) @ Redskins (6-9)
Cowboys (5-10) @ Eagles (10-5)
Chargers (8-7) @ Broncos (4-11)
Cardinals (5-10) @ 49ers (5-10)

Sunday Night Football: NFC West Title Game
Rams (7-8) @ Seahawks (6-8)

TV Maps
Draft Standings
Playoff Standings

On any given Sunday...no. There is no hope for the Jacksonville Jaguars. They're frauds. I'm annoyed I wasted even 5 minutes worth of hope that they'd win that division.

Knowing Jacksonville, they'll drop their last game against Houston just to add an exclamation point on their stupid season.

I think Pittsburgh might lose that game too if they're not careful. Without Aaron Smith, they aren't as good against the run. And without Polamalu, even amateurs like the Jets could pull out the win. The Browns will be at home. The Browns have the DL to pressure Ben. I'm not betting on it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

On any given Sunday...no. There is no hope for the Jacksonville Jaguars. They're frauds. I'm annoyed I wasted even 5 minutes worth of hope that they'd win that division.

And to make things worse, David Garrard is out for the season now. Trent Edwards will be starting for the Jags.

David Garrard will miss the playoffs, if the Jaguars make it | ProFootballTalk

I guess the Jaguars do still have -some- shot at winning at Houston. However, I see there being NO WAY the Titans can beat the Colts in Indy. Randy Moss doesn't even play anymore, Jeff Fisher will be fired after the season and this is the same Titans team that was let into the playoffs in 2007 when they had an "agreement" with the Colts.

Last edited:
So, the Colts of Indianapolis are closing in on another AFC South Division title. My question is: Why are they are in the South division anyway? Shouldn't they swap divisions with Baltimore?

And to make things worse, David Garrard is out for the season now. Trent Edwards will be starting for the Jags.

David Garrard will miss the playoffs, if the Jaguars make it | ProFootballTalk

I guess the Jaguars do still have -some- shot at winning at Houston. However, I see there being NO WAY the Titans can beat the Colts in Indy. Randy Moss doesn't even play anymore, Jeff Fisher will be fired after the season and this is the same Titans team that was let into the playoffs in 2007 when they had an "agreement" with the Colts.

It'll probably be an improvement since Garrard was so awful. But seriously, I hate Jacksonville.

Then again, Houston is just as heartless and stupid, but I fully expect Jacksonville to implode. It'd be even funnier if Manning somehow lost to the hapless Titans, only Jacksonville couldn't take advantage because they lose too.

Garrard and Jones-Drew are both out for Jacksonville, so whatever chance the Jaguars had of winning the division it is now even slimmer.

As for games with implications on who does or does not make the playoffs they are all at 4:00 with the the exception of the longshot Bucs at 1:00 and the NFCW title game Sunday night:

Colts (vs Titans)
Jaguars (at Texans)
Packers (vs Bears)
Giants (at Redskins)

Looks like the NFL did a lot better job this year than they did a couple years ago of moving games involving teams on the bubble for a playoff spot to all play at the same time. Whether Tampa Bay wins or loses has no effect on Green Bay and New York, so it doesn't matter if they play earlier.

Who cares about JAX, they suck. If by some act of god they were able to make it they would probably just give an easy win to Pittsburgh / Baltimore. Atleast now we should see a decent matchup between Indy and whoever comes in 5th. Hopefully they rock each other.

Last edited:
What is the NFL's official reason for no Monday Night Football games in Week 17 every year? Or no Thursday Night games now too?

I'd assume for..

1. Gives all playoff teams equal rest time
2. Allows them to be as flexible as possible for final week

But did they ever give an official reason?

What is the NFL's official reason for no Monday Night Football games in Week 17 every year? Or no Thursday Night games now too?

I'd assume for..

1. Gives all playoff teams equal rest time
2. Allows them to be as flexible as possible for final week

But did they ever give an official reason?
Since two of the wild card games are on Saturday, they don't want to have a situation where a team has only five days to a playoff game. Also, a lot of those Monday night games were becoming completely meaningless. Sunday night games can be flexed back and forth from the day to the night, but you can't do that with Monday night games.

I'm still perplexed as to why Indy and Tennessee are still allowed to play on week 17's. Mad shady

Interesting that they made every game of the last week a division game. It probably looked good on paper when they did it, but too bad there's not much real drama left to decide, at least in the AFC. Ironic that the most meaningful game purely a divisional champion standpoint is that epic Seahawks-Rams battle for glorious supremacy of the NFC West!

Interesting that they made every game of the last week a division game. It probably looked good on paper when they did it, but too bad there's not much real drama left to decide, at least in the AFC. Ironic that the most meaningful game purely a divisional champion standpoint is that epic Seahawks-Rams battle for glorious supremacy of the NFC West!

As I've pointed out in the past, there is no fundamental reason that the NFL couldn't end every season with three weeks of divisional games (most divisions aren't like the 2007 AFC East :) ).

As I've pointed out in the past, there is no fundamental reason that the NFL couldn't end every season with three weeks of divisional games (most divisions aren't like the 2007 AFC East :) ).
I wouldn't mind seeing that happen one year, just to try it out. If it means no division games for the first month of the season and then just one every three or four weeks after that, that's fine. Do it on a one-year trial and go from there.

Final week of the regular season always comes so quickly it seems...

Last day to enjoy NFL Red Zone until next year.

Last edited:
If you think that's bad, we've got the Colts/Titans game late in Toronto :confused:

Hopefully there are some good Manningface sightings.

Go, um, Titans.

Well, if you get bored you could just watch your avatar play over and over again for three hours. THAT'S entertainment.

LaDainian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene are both inactive today.

Meaning LaDainian is guarnateed to finish...

1. Under 1,000 yards
2. Behind BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Woo!

Go, um, Titans.

Well, if you get bored you could just watch your avatar play over and over again for three hours. THAT'S entertainment.

:rofl: Definitely more interesting than watching Kerry Collins concuss teammates on the sideline with errant passes or a Colts RB dive into the pile for 1 or 2 yards at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes