PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 16 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... this game took a turn for the more interesting. :eek:

crazy ending. even down to the kickoff.

ESPN is now reporting the dallas cowboys have cut kicker david buehler.

Buehler? Buehler? Buehler?

ESPN is now reporting the dallas cowboys have cut kicker david buehler.

Damn. Game ended at 10:54. Have to admire that ruthless efficiency there.

Damn. Game ended at 10:54. Have to admire that ruthless efficiency there.

Deion Sanders:And we are now welcoming free agent kicker David Buehler to the set. So Dave what do you plan on doing this week?

Dave Buehler:Free what...? :D

Buehler? Buehler? Buehler?

That was a terrible missed extra point, but his defense had their opportunity to bail him out and save the game. Instead, they choked on a fat one on fourth and long and let Arizona into field goal range.

Last edited:
nevermind10

Last edited:
Let's not forget the Jags vs Redskins.
A Jags win combined with a Colts loss will knock the Colts out of the playoffs.

Also the KC game is important to keep them ahead of the Chargers.

A Jags win combined with a Colts loss will knock the Colts out of the playoffs.

It will not. Jags win + Colts loss doesn't clinch anything.

All it does is put the Jags in a "win-and-you're in" situation for the final week.

Jags beat Redskins / lose @ Texans
Colts lose to Raiders / win vs Titans

And the Colts win the AFC South. Jags are going to have to win out, I don't see the Colts going 0-2.

Last edited:
If the NFL postpones the game in PHI because of snow it's BS. They're just trying to make it so Vick doesn't ahve to play in the snow.,...absolute bs...Pats fans had to travel to FOXBORO in two feet of snow in the Miami snow globe game a few years back...I know, I was one of them. My typical 15 minute ride to the stadium took 1 1/2 hours...f#ck Goodell....

It will not. Jags win + Colts loss doesn't clinch anything.

All it does is put the Jags in a "win-and-you're in" situation for the final week.

Jags beat Redskins / lose @ Texans
Colts lose to Raiders / win vs Titans

And the Colts win the AFC South. Jags are going to have to win out, I don't see the Colts going 0-2.

See PlayoffStatus.com, which explains the clinching/elimination scenarios nicely.

As near as I can tell, neither Indianapolis nor Jacksonville has a clinching scenario that involves only Week 16 games.

Here's the only way the Jets miss playoffs....

Jets go 0-2
Colts go 2-0
Jags go 2-0

If either the Colts or Jags lose today, Jets automatically clinch a playoff berth, even if they lose to Bears.

Here's the only way the Jets miss playoffs....

Jets go 0-2
Colts go 2-0
Jags go 2-0

If either the Colts or Jags lose today, Jets automatically clinch a playoff berth, even if they lose to Bears.

Actually, it's a lot more complex than that; again, see PlayoffStatus.com.

What's wrong with what I said? If the Jags or Colts lose today, Jets clinch.

If the three teams finish with the records I posted, Jets don't make playoffs.

Regarding the AFC South: there is a scenario where a tiebreaker would go to the Jaguars, and other scenarios where the tiebreaker would go to the Colts.

First tiebreaker is head to head; they split so that's out. Next is division record; both are 3-2 in the AFCS right now. So if Jacksonville beats Houston while Indy loses to the Titans in week 17, then the Jaguars win the division - no matter what happens today.

Conversely if Indy beats Tennessee while Jacksonville loses to Houston next week, the Colts are division winners regardless of what happens today.

If Indy and Jacksonville do the same thing in week 17 (either both win or both lose) and end up in a tie, their division record would be the same. In that case it would go to the next tiebreaker, common games, and the Colts would have a one-game advantage, and win the division.

Last edited:
That was such a dumb game to flex, hell give oakland a primetime game. Seattle-tampa could be interesting too. Even San Fran and Stl.Louis are still in the hunt. Vikings suck and don't deserve ANOTHER primetime game.

That was such a dumb game to flex, hell give oakland a primetime game. Seattle-tampa could be interesting too. Even San Fran and Stl.Louis are still in the hunt. Vikings suck and don't deserve ANOTHER primetime game.

Giants (9-5) @ Packers (8-6)
Jets (10-4) @ Bears (10-4)
49ers (5-9) @ Rams (6-8)
Colts (8-6) @ Raiders (7-7)
Seahawks (6-8) @ Bucs (8-6)

All are games with not one but with BOTH teams still in the playoff hunt, yet we have to watch the Eagles blowout whoever the Vikings & whoever their backup is.

Just as annoying when they kept the Eagles/Cowboys flexed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back