PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 13 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hell did we just witness, lol. That was better than Brady juking Urlacher.

Last edited:
Think happy thoughts. Gabbert sucks.
He's certainly not showing anything to justify his draft position, oh and by the way, he's soft as butter and shirks contact. That can't be pleasing as a Jags player to see.

i can't believe this jags team beat the ravens

Well, we played them and their defense is really good. I think you saw the same thing when Ravens played SF. Neither offense are very good and shut down with good solid defensive play. Though SF might shut down with any defensive play,lol

Last edited:
...oh jeez, hahahaha.

"Aaaand that may have been the worst snap I've ever seen"

I was laughing so hard.

"Its clear that these players were not ready for primetime."

Understatement of the century.

Blaine Gabbert is just awful. It's difficult to see him having a career if he continues to play at this very poor level.

Last edited:
Tirico's point about the money invested in 1st round picks brings a question to mind:

Would the Jags draft a QB in the first round again this year?

Tirico's point about the money invested in 1st round picks brings a question to mind:

They either need to spend a high pick on another QB or dedicate the entire draft and FA towards the offense. Gabbert does not look like the answer, but they also made good points about Gabbert not having anything to work with.

Hard to tell if his throws are that inaccurate or if there is just a major disconnect on several plays.

They either need to spend a high pick on another QB or dedicate the entire draft and FA towards the offense. Gabbert does not look like the answer, but they also made good points about Gabbert not having anything to work with.

Hard to tell if his throws are that inaccurate or if there is just a major disconnect on several plays.
Marcedes Lewis, Mike Thomas and Maurice Jones-Drew are more than what some teams have to work with in terms of quality. Gabbert is having an exceptionally poor rookie season. There's not much else to it.

Last edited:
well it was good to feel great about my chargers at least once this season

and good to see rivers have a near flawless game again finally

I may be among the minority, but I don't think Gabbert has done a terrible job tonight. His o-line is doing him no favors and, outside of MJD, his personnel is deplorable.

Their offensive approach reminds me of ours in a few ways. High percentage throws (19/33), 3rd down conversions (9-16), and red zone efficiency (2-2).

However, I have not seen Gabbert consistently be able to identify pressure and read coverages. I'd love to see what he could do under a better offensive mind with better personnel. Its difficult to evaluate when so many things are against him.

In J-Ville I think the real problem is on defense. No creativity, poor coaching and poor personnel all around. (Although I do like Smith, Alualu and Knighton) I would love to see them hire Rob Ryan for HC. Ask Timmy Tebow what a good D can do for a young QB.

Last edited:
They either need to spend a high pick on another QB or dedicate the entire draft and FA towards the offense.

"Hi, Jaguars GM? This is Bill Belichick. Have I got a deal for you. . . ."

Marcedes Lewis, Mike Thomas and Maurice Jones-Drew are more than what some teams have to work with in terms of quality. Gabbert is having an exceptionally poor rookie season. There's not much else to it.

MJD has been great through his career.

Lewis has scored more than 2 touchdowns once in 6 years, and Thomas has also only had one productive year. Neither are weapons.

Gabbert has nothing, and MJD's season is even better than normal considering opposing defenses know they have no passing game to speak of. I still don't know if I want to call Gabbert awful or blame it on his surrounding cast.

MJD has been great through his career.

Lewis has scored more than 2 touchdowns once in 6 years, and Thomas has also only had one productive year. Neither are weapons.

Gabbert has nothing, and MJD's season is even better than normal considering opposing defenses know they have no passing game to speak of. I still don't know if I want to call Gabbert awful or blame it on his surrounding cast.
Thomas and Lewis looked like two young weapons to me underneath a QB who could make throws in 2010. It's no coincidence that as the level of QB play has declined, so has their production.

As for MJD, he's a beast (but we already knew that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back