PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 10 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no dominating defense in the NFL this season.

A dominating defense is defined by how they perform in clutch/critical situations. The Steleers gave up a final drive go ahead TD drive to the Ravens and the Ravens just did so to the Falcons.

The Giants D has been dominant for several weeks now and hasn't looked back...yet

Re: Thursday Night Football Discussion: Ravens at Falcons

GO FALCONS!!!!!

I really like the young Matt Ryan who is starting his career at his home stadium kind of like the home record of a guy we sort of know..that Tom Brady

I think the Falcons will win this game with Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez having great games and Turner running right through Ray Lewis.

This game makes a pretty important part of this weekends games,if the Ravens lose tonight then a loss to Pittsburgh on sunday wouldn't hurt as bad.

Falcons 26
Ravens 20

Good call on the game score!

No kidding. 26 points is not an easy number to reach.

GO FALCONS!!!!!

I really like the young Matt Ryan who is starting his career at his home stadium kind of like the home record of a guy we sort of know..that Tom Brady

I think the Falcons will win this game with Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez having great games and Turner running right through Ray Lewis.

This game makes a pretty important part of this weekends games,if the Ravens lose tonight then a loss to Pittsburgh on sunday wouldn't hurt as bad.

Falcons 26
Ravens 20
Almost nailed the score

Wish I could do that more often

Thanks

I don't know why but 26 came to my head...it's an odd number for a score

Last edited:
The Giants D has been dominant for several weeks now and hasn't looked back...yet

The 1-7 Cowboys scored 35 against them, the Lions scored 20.

If the season ended today, they wouldn't have had beat one playoff team. Who is their best win against? The 4-4 Texans? Jay Cutler and the Bears?

The only two good teams they played (Titans, Colts) destroyed them

That was one great game. The last half of the 4th quarter was incredible.

Who would have thought that the hardest place to win in the NFL for the past few years as a visitor would be in New England and.........Atlanta?

Their head coach is a pretty good one as well

If Atlanta gains HFA they are probably in Dallas in February

Last edited:

he pushed off on the last TD...no call...Ravens would probably have lost on last second FG anyway but that was ANOTHER horrible homer call in a string of ridiculous calls this season.

The Giants have looked like world beaters one week and not so much the next.

Yes, they were dominant last week at Seattle, five weeks ago at Houston, and the week before that against the Bears. But let's face it, those teams are average - not bad, not good. You could make a case for the Dallas game too but then the 1-7 Cowboys came back to score five touchdowns. The four other teams - Carolina, Indiana, Tennessee and Detroit - averaged 26 points against them; other than the Colts, those aren't exactly offensive powerhouses.

The Giants defense is good enough to go on a tear just like they did in 2007. But right now they have issues just like every other NFL team. At this point I'm still not seeing any team, or defense in the league that I would call dominant.

Last edited:
There is no dominating defense in the NFL this season.

A dominating defense is defined by how they perform in clutch/critical situations. The Steleers gave up a final drive go ahead TD drive to the Ravens and the Ravens just did so to the Falcons.

Have to disagree in this situation, Our defense will not lose a game in one minute. They have been pretty steady about that, even without greer,porter,and sharper playing. This was just an unbelievable brake down by the ravens.

Last edited:
If every football fan in America gave one dollar, could we give the sum to Joe Theisman to never do a TV broadcast again?

I think Millen is even worse. My problem with him is simply that he sounds like such a jerk. I wouldn't mind having dinner with Theisman. Never with Millen.

Is it just me or did Flacco seem to be ignoring Ray Lewis on the sideline? After the TD to go ahead Ray points in his face like he is saying "that's how you do it" or something and Joe doesn't even look at him.

Is it just me or did Flacco seem to be ignoring Ray Lewis on the sideline? After the TD to go ahead Ray points in his face like he is saying "that's how you do it" or something and Joe doesn't even look at him.

and is it just me or did the Ravens get jobbed on that non-call at the end?

I'm happy for Matty Ice regardless.

I think Millen is even worse. My problem with him is simply that he sounds like such a jerk. I wouldn't mind having dinner with Theisman. Never with Millen.

Hey PatJew,

"You wanna go take a walk? You wanna go cop?
You wanna go get some Chinese Rock?

I'm living on the Chinese Rock
All my best things are in hock
Everything is in the pawn shop!"

-Greetings from New York. Home of The Ramones & Johnny Thunders.
Now, how's about sendin' me some Chinese Rock? lol!

Hey PatJew,

"You wanna go take a walk? You wanna go cop?
You wanna go get some Chinese Rock?

All my best things are in hock
Everything is in the pawn shop!"

-Greetings from New York. Home of The Ramones & Johnny Thunders.
Now, how's about sendin' me some Chinese Rock? lol!

Chinese Rock here will get you the death sentence. Probably best to go elsewhere. Besides, I'm an Iggy man, not such a Ramones fan. My little China girl, you shouldn't mess with me.

Oh, it was the middle of the night & I couldn't sleep. I said to myself,"Hmm, I wonder who's awake. Oh, I know. PetJew is! ima go look and see." Sure enuff, there you were as the latest poster in a thread.
Gez PatJew, I came over and serenaded you. I'm at ridiculous loggerheads with Shmessy and MoLewisRocks, but I thought we were okay lately.

Sex, drugs, and Rock & Roll... and... Tha Pats!

The nocturnal incarnation. Yeah, the sleazy Irving Fryar side.

Ya nailed my androgynous aspect tho. Nice one.

Sure, I'm OK you're OK.

Thanks, PJ. And yeah, PlainOldEd, I saw that too. I was watching online and Flacco engineers a crucial go-ahead touchdown with a minute left, and when he got back to the bench area, Ray freaking Lewis comes over and sticks a finger literally a half inch away from Flacco's nose and yells something like you described. I was taken aback. I was like,"Whoa. Holy crap. Lewis almost gave him an accidental Moe Howard (Like Wilfork once did to Brandon Jacobs, but that time it was on purpose)." How you gonna walk up to the quarterback of the team and make such a reflexive twitch like that at his nose?

Ray Lewis is all about Ray Lewis. He hams it up so much because he knows it's a Thursday night game and he wants isolation camera shots of himself on the sideline. He acts like the other players on The Ravens are supposed to be his servants or something.

Yes it was. And Ryan looked pretty good out there. I haven't been able to see these Falcons play that much. I was impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back