PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 10 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Should Mangini have gone for 2

spare a thought for the cleveland fans. they have seen this fumble before in a bigger game :(

Good point, forgot about that one. Though I'm sure Cleveland fans haven't.

No. They win that game is their receiver doesnt fumble the ball in OT.

Not really, still a missable field goal. but the point was if you're gonna gamble like he did are the odds of getting 2, lower tha driving 65 yards with a little over a minute left?

Not really, still a missable field goal. but the point was if you're gonna gamble like he did are the odds of getting 2, lower tha driving 65 yards with a little over a minute left?

If they go for 2 there and miss it Mangini may as well just take his head set off and drive home immediately because his ass is getting fired and skewered all over tv.

49ers were facing 3rd and 32 and finished the drive with a TD.

Leading 20-17 on the Rams with 2:10 remaining in the game.

Last edited:
The TD that the 49ers would of had that got taken away due to a flag was insane. Still a crazy game.

Mccourty's been the best of the rookie CB's but Dez Bryant will be special. Would've looked good in red and blue, but I think we'll sign Santonio Holmes or Braylon Edwards in the off-season.

i think sam bradford might turn out to be a great quarterback

Mini-Manningface sighting.

Goober Manning is a pathetic excuse for a QB

Seymour is in the Defensive Player of the Year discussion, so yeah, it's pretty bad.

Come back and read your post next year when the Pats head into the 2011 draft with 2 Ones, 1 Two, 3 threes and 2 fours or eight of the top 120 picks in the draft. Trader Bill will have all sorts of flexibility and will be able to complete the re-juvenation of the New England Patriots. Trading Richard Seymour with his injury history and his age was exactly the right thing to do. How the Raiders do this season was never the top consideration. With all those picks, the Raiders' 1 would be great anywhere between 10 and 18 - higher than anything the Pats have had with their own top pick in years.

Josh made Cassel, he can break Cassel. Never underestimate the power of the familiar. :)

With all due respect to the Jets - and it's great to win the games the way they do - but really..they are a wee bit over-rated. I believe the play calling in that game killed the Browns. 'gotta give it to Sanchez tho. His pocket presence and ability to escape is pretty impressive.

You are what your record says you are. The Jets are the best team in the NFL right now and these close shaves only give them confidence. I hate the Jets. But you gotta hand it to them today for making the plays it took to win one on the road against a team on the way up. Sanchez looked pretty poised in the OT. What a drag. That long pass was the equivalent of a punt. Miami also did a nice job today.

Come back and read your post next year when the Pats head into the 2011 draft with 2 Ones, 1 Two, 3 threes and 2 fours or eight of the top 120 picks in the draft. Trader Bill will have all sorts of flexibility and will be able to complete the re-juvenation of the New England Patriots. Trading Richard Seymour with his injury history and his age was exactly the right thing to do. How the Raiders do this season was never the top consideration. With all those picks, the Raiders' 1 would be great anywhere between 10 and 18 - higher than anything the Pats have had with their own top pick in years.

I was in favor of the trade when it happened and still am now, but you have to admit, this is one time the Raiders didn't get fleeced by us. At the very least it's looking like an even trade now.

Just mentioned on FNIA that the Jets are 5-0 on the road this season. That's impressive, especially compared to the Pats' road struggles for the past season and a half.

Last edited:
The Rams just god screwed by a horrible PI call. The ball was clearly thrown WAY behind the receiver AND the defender, yet, because the receiver LUNGED backwards and into the defender, he draws a PI call? HORRIBLE..

You are what your record says you are. The Jets are the best team in the NFL right now and these close shaves only give them confidence. I hate the Jets. But you gotta hand it to them today for making the plays it took to win one on the road against a team on the way up. Sanchez looked pretty poised in the OT. What a drag. That long pass was the equivalent of a punt. Miami also did a nice job today.

Agreed you are what your record says you are - but the best team in football? Possibly. There is no clear cut great team out there. Not a one. Luck will be a major factor this year. So far the Jets have it on their side. Will it last? Hope not. That is one insufferable fan base. It would make me gag.

You'd be correct if the Jets beat the Browns by 30 or something ridiculous, but they didn't. It took them 14:25 minutes over overtime.

The Browns had us beat by 14:25 into the game last week. The bottom line is, the Jets found a way to win and they are undefeated on the road this season. Tip your cap, sip your coolaide, and hope they stumble so we can win the division.

Tip your cap, sip your coolaide, and hope they stumble so we can win the division.

The Jets don't need to stumble, we control our own destiny for the division title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back