PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL wants to limit crowd noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the NFL is serious about limiting the effect of crowd noise then they would investigate napolian and the noise pumping dolts...until they do that they are not too serious.-------- I couldn't agree more. While I'm not in favor of putting a headset in each player's helmet, I am in favor of the NFL cracking down on teams (the colts) who play crowd noise through the speakers and other ways of trying to gain an advantage.

I don't see what's wrong with the idea. Football is probably the sport in crowd impact on verbal communication has the biggest impact.

Now, with only one game a week, the travel-is-tiring effect of home field advantage may be less in football than, say, basketball. Still, this is a pro-fairness idea, and it seems fine to me, especially since it is apt to make gameplay better.

In fact, give everybody on each team mikes. Let them all talk as efficiently as possible. Let the play be better on both sides of the ball.

I think the NFL should spend less time worrying about the crowds and more worrying about how accurate their officials are. Hasn't been too bad this season but, we're only 25% of the way to the play-offs.

How will the crowd "always be a factor" if they put microphones in all the offensive players' helmets? This is a terrible idea. It would take the crowd completely out of the game.

Maybe the NFL should get all deaf players. The NFL has gone overboard with the rules. IMO, more ruels don't make for better football.

My first change of the rules would be to change the competition committee itself. These wacky nutjobs are tinkering with our national pasttime. It's like we have a couple of boozey Generals tossing around the nuclear football. The membership should rotate around the league, or be restricted to HOF members, or people not currently employed by teams, or the members should be elected. To have that old drunk Polian and his brood squatting over our game and sticking pins in it as though it were a voodoo doll makes me queezy.
LOL, as well as Colts and Manning perform on the road, and as loud as the dome is with piping in noise, why the hell would he support this BS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back