PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Without going to nfl.com or other website or looking it up in any reference guide, name the only NFL team to have never lost a post-season game.

Houston Texans...

Technically, neither have the Cleveland Browns. The Cleveland Browns team that lost in the playoffs are now playing in Baltimore. This Cleveland Browns team has never lost in the playoffs because like the Texans, have never played in a playoff game.

Technically, neither have the Cleveland Browns. The Cleveland Browns team that lost in the playoffs are now playing in Baltimore. This Cleveland Browns team has never lost in the playoffs because like the Texans, have never played in a playoff game.

they did in 02. Kelly Holcomb had 400 yards and they still lost.

Last edited:

The Browns are also officially considered by the NFL to have "suspended operations" from 96-99, and the Ravens are the expansion team.

Okay, here's another trivia question.

Again, don't post an answer if you have to search on the internet or through a book or magazine to find the answer.

The 2003 - 2004 New England Patriots won 21 consecutive games.

Who did they lose to prior to that streak starting, and what may be considered significant about it in terms of trivia questions?

Again, don't post an answer if you have to search on the internet or through a book or magazine to find the answer.

Who did they lose to prior to that streak starting, and what may be considered significant about it in terms of trivia questions?

The Redskins. I don't know why that is significant in terms of triva questions though. We lost the first game of the 2003 season to the Bills and I think the Redskins was the fifth game. We lost that game because of some weird play calls on the final drive most notably a FB draw on 3rd and long.

Last edited:
Without even scrolling through the answers I'm going to say the Houston Texans, since they haven't been to the playoffs.

Again without looking, The Washington Redskins, and it was significant because it was the only team Belichick had not beaten as a head coach? That of course changed last year.

Last edited:
The Redskins. I don't know why that is significant in terms of triva questions though. We lost the first game of the 2003 season to the Bills and I think the Redskins was the fifth game. We lost that game because of some weird play calls on the final drive most notably a FB draw on 3rd and long.

Good memory.

Not sure if it should be considered trivia or trivial, but the Redskins were then coached by Steve Spurrier. The old ball coach and offensive genius went on to win two more games that year and finished 5-11. Danny boy Snyder made yet another move to cement his name in infamy.

The Redskins. We lost that game because of some weird play calls on the final drive most notably a FB draw on 3rd and long.

IIRC Graham dropped a 4th down pass as the Pats were driving to win the game with 30 seconds left.....

so what was the special thing about Washington, was I right, is that what you were thinking of?

so what was the special thing about Washington, was I right, is that what you were thinking of?

I hadn't thought about it being the last team for BB to defeat. And I do recall some questionable play calls at the end as well. For whatever reason, what mostly sticks out in my mind is the irony of whom the other coach was. Steve Spurrier was raked over the coals for being one of the worst NFL coaches of our generation, and yet he was the coach of the team that was last able to defeat the Patriots and BB prior to that streak. After that game Spurrier won just two more games, while BB did not lose again that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes