PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL training camp injuries

It's being reported that Arrelious Benn has ruptured his ACL jmt57. This is fast approach pandemic stage in the NFL. From memory, some years ago in the AFL (Australian Rules) there was a run on ACL injuries. It's really quite remarkable how a certain injury takes hold across a number of teams.

Almost like it's contagious or something. :eek:

San Diego WR Danario Alexander tears his ACL.

There was a lot of discussion here early in the off season in regards to whether or not the Patriots should attempt to sign Alexander. Right now it looks like the Pats were correct to stay away; there's a good chance that his career is over.

One breakout season, but in terms of being injury prone he makes Glass-IR look like a spartan in comparison.

Sad to hear this. He really came on strong for San Diego in the second half of the season. With his knees already in bad shape this could definitely be a career ender.

Especially sad considering that all of his past issues have been with his left knee, whereas this current one has to do with his right one.

Not looking too good for D.Alexander at the moment.

No, no, and more no.

Pats fans are seriously underestimating Fells. He played hurt (shin) all of last year. He could start on many teams and may start for us if Gronk isn't ready and Ballard hasn't fully acclimated to the reality of his injury...listening to Ballard yesterday makes me think he may need a while to get his head okay with that knee, if you know what I mean.

Fells can play. A 5 or a 6? Make it a 2 and we'll talk - maybe.

Is that you, Daniel Fells?

It's being reported that Arrelious Benn has ruptured his ACL jmt57. This is fast approach pandemic stage in the NFL. From memory, some years ago in the AFL (Australian Rules) there was a run on ACL injuries. It's really quite remarkable how a certain injury takes hold across a number of teams.

Reminds me of the run on Achilles injuries in 2011, post lockout.

Saints lose their #3 WR.

It gets worse for the Saints:

According to Katherine Terrell of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, an already injury plagued team got more bad news Wednesday, as wide receiver Joe Morgan and defensive end Kenyon Coleman will be lost for the season.

Coleman has a pectoral tear, and Morgan has a torn meniscus and a partially torn ACL, and will undergo surgery today.

Saints lose Joe Morgan, Kenyon Coleman for season | ProFootballTalk

I hate opening this thread. It is like you know if you walk through a doorway someone on the other side is going to bash you in the head with a sledge hammer, but you walk through it anyway.

This offseason has sucked for injuries. I thought this new revised training camp practice schedule under the new CBA was going to minimize this. I wonder if it having the opposite affect on some of these injuries. Players are not going full force and many times when you avoid making a hit or getting hit, it can cause some of the injuries we are seeing because people torque their bodies the wrong way.

ACLs tearing like it's no tomorrow out there

Heath Miller still recovering from the torn ACL, Mike Wallace seeking out more money in free agency, and now their big red zone target could be out for the year too.

If we just could've snatched Emanuel Sanders from them it may have been the icing on the cake.

That would have been a glorious way to crush any hope remaining in shltsburgh.

you seem to have something against the three rivers...Al-agony,Owhyowhy and Mongogilamonsta..why is that?..after all, they DO glow in the dark...

That would have been a glorious way to crush any hope remaining in shltsburgh.

you seem to have something against the three rivers...Al-agony,Owhyowhy and Mongogilamonsta..why is that?..after all, they DO glow in the dark...

As much as I dislike the people/fans, my wife and I have obvious ties to the location for school/jobs and both of our families.

In other words, I'm pretty much stuck living here. In the meantime I can't begin to explain how badly I dislike the fans, what they represent, and the trashiness of how they talk etc. It's almost like they take "pride" in speaking that way, and that's something I'll never understand.

Like anything, there are also good people too--but as a whole I hate the Steelers and their fanbase worse than any other team, and that includes even the NYJ. I think one of the things that bothers me the worst is the fact that their own coach, Bill Cowher actually came out and explained that Cameragate didn't affect them in the slightest due to their wristband system; however their fanbase is so insanely stupid that the only thing they can hang their hats on is bringing up Cameragate.

hey!...I did not know this!!! send me a friggin Primantis with fries!! and a six of Iron City in cans...:party:

hey!...I did not know this!!! send me a friggin Primantis with fries!! and a six of Iron City in cans...:party:

That beer is so bad, I can honestly claim that I could probably make something better in a home brew kit.

You're spoiled with your Sam Adams.

Carolina Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart will open the season on the PUP and miss at least the first six games. That leaves DeAngelo Williams and a bunch of unknowns at RB, along with Mike Tolbert at FB. Cam Newton will probably once again be their leading rusher.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back