PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL training camp injuries

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
Visanthe Shiancoe got one-year standard deal for veteran minimum of $940,000. Vested veteran so guaranteed if on roster first week

Shiancoe to Ravens ... good luck with that.

I'll bet a significant sum of money that he's not on the final 53. I could totally see him getting re-signed in week 2 though...

OTOH, look what happened to the JEST when one of their OL starters went down. Not every team can function with a fourth-string center the way the Patriots and Scar can. :)

I think the Jets' problems were a combination of bad depth, Mangold legitimately being head and shoulders above just about every other center in the league, and Sanchez just being an awful, terrible, garbage quarterback. Good QBs can help make up for OL shortcomings, and I think Manning will do that for Denver if need be. He may not have the arm strength that he used to, but he still makes quick reads and has one of the fastest releases out there.

Denver Broncos ✔ @DenverBroncos
MRI results reveal that Broncos C Dan Koppen has torn the ACL in his left knee. He will miss the 2013 season.

It's official. Sic Transit Gloria Kops

Sucks to see Koppen went down. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
Another player down 4 yr RT @BenVolin: Tough break RT @flasportsbuzz Dolphins WR Armon Binns suffered torn ACL and MCL today. Out for season

Loyko said BB tried to claim him last yr but Phins got him. Another Ballard grab when waived to IR???

Sorry to hear. Always liked Koppen. A massive overachiever who was one of the better centers in the league during his tenure here.

BTW, if he is gone for a long time, when will the media start talking about the Broncos' losses over all they gained. They seem to focus on adding Welker and a few others and ignoring losing Dumerville, Miller for a quarter of the season, and now maybe Koppen.
They have Moonhead (thanks, Joker), so nothing or no one else matters.

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
Another player down 4 yr RT @BenVolin: Tough break RT @flasportsbuzz Dolphins WR Armon Binns suffered torn ACL and MCL today. Out for season

Loyko said BB tried to claim him last yr but Phins got him. Another Ballard grab when waived to IR???

So in the interest of there being no stupid question but the one that is not asked I will ask this one.

With Jermey Maclin being scheduled for free agency this coming off season could you see the Eagles waiving him?

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
Visanthe Shiancoe got one-year standard deal for veteran minimum of $940,000. Vested veteran so guaranteed if on roster first week

Shiancoe to Ravens ... good luck with that.

Goodie, I get to resurrect my old sig graphic, for all the wrong reasons :D

I think the Jets' problems were a combination of bad depth, Mangold legitimately being head and shoulders above just about every other center in the league, and Sanchez just being an awful, terrible, garbage quarterback. Good QBs can help make up for OL shortcomings, and I think Manning will do that for Denver if need be. He may not have the arm strength that he used to, but he still makes quick reads and has one of the fastest releases out there.

Yep. Mangold is the one who calls/sets the protections, cause Sanchez sure as hell can't recognize the defenses. Denver won't have that problem with Manning at the helm. He really just needs a center who can snap the ball to him effectively and who will block whomever Manning tells him to :)

Looks like DRC has an high ankle sprain. For a CB that could be a problem all year, but odds are at least decent he will be back for the start of the season.

Broncos RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie's left leg injury has been diagnosed as a high-ankle sprain.

High-ankle sprains aren't exactly a walk in the park, but it's the right time of year to suffer one. It's possible DRC will miss the entire preseason, but barring a setback, he should be ready to roll for Week 1. The Broncos have dodged a bullet.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4715/dominique-rodgers-cromartie

San Diego WR Danario Alexander tears his ACL.

There was a lot of discussion here early in the off season in regards to whether or not the Patriots should attempt to sign Alexander. Right now it looks like the Pats were correct to stay away; there's a good chance that his career is over.

One breakout season, but in terms of being injury prone he makes Glass-IR look like a spartan in comparison.

There was a lot of discussion here early in the off season in regards to whether or not the Patriots should attempt to sign Alexander. Right now it looks like the Pats were correct to stay away; there's a good chance that his career is over.

One breakout season, but in terms of being injury prone he makes Glass-IR look like a spartan in comparison.
It's being reported that Arrelious Benn has ruptured his ACL jmt57. This is fast approach pandemic stage in the NFL. From memory, some years ago in the AFL (Australian Rules) there was a run on ACL injuries. It's really quite remarkable how a certain injury takes hold across a number of teams.

Sad to hear this. He really came on strong for San Diego in the second half of the season. With his knees already in bad shape this could definitely be a career ender.

@ArmandoSalguero: Lamar Miller being taken off the field limping.

MIAs RB situation will hurt them

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back