PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL training camp injuries

The Ravens losing Pitta after losing Boldin is a huge blow to their offense. Those were arguably Flacco's two best and consistent targets down the stretch. Now he has to rely on a wildly inconsistent Torrey Smith and a bunch of back ups as his receiving corp.

People talk about the Pats' questions at receiver, but the Ravens have about as many and they don't have Brady to cover for the holes.

BTW, all the best to Pitta. As we have seen with Roosevelt Colvin and more notably Bo Jackon, a dislocated hip can be a very serious injury that with a good risk of the bone necrosis. Colvin narrowly averted it and Jackson didn't. Let's hope he is closer to Colvin than Jackson.

Also, sorry to Maclin too. Let's hope this ends the serious training camp injuries throughout the league.

Boldin and Pitta on the inside were the perfect compliment to Smith and Jones on the outside. Ed ****son needs to step up huge. Ray Rice might have to catch even more passes.

The thing is that Boldin and Pitta were fairly consistent targets and Smith and Jones were not. Smith had a quite playoffs other than two TD grabs (one was off a blown coverage) against Denver. And Jones had two great catches for TDs in the playoffs and only three other catches for 21 yards the rest of the entire playoffs.

Losing Pitta is a blow for the Ravens. I wonder if all of these Ravens fans that like to come on here and troll will start to realize it's going to be a challenge to repeat, let alone have a good season. Although I'm sure there will be a few hail marys to Smith that will get a bad PI call their way, sounds familiar? :bricks:

If the Ratbirds offered a 5 or a 6 for Fells, would you entertain the offer or would you laugh and hang up the phone?

If the Ratbirds offered a 5 or a 6 for Fells, would you entertain the offer or would you laugh and hang up the phone?

No, no, and more no.

Pats fans are seriously underestimating Fells. He played hurt (shin) all of last year. He could start on many teams and may start for us if Gronk isn't ready and Ballard hasn't fully acclimated to the reality of his injury...listening to Ballard yesterday makes me think he may need a while to get his head okay with that knee, if you know what I mean.

Fells can play. A 5 or a 6? Make it a 2 and we'll talk - maybe.

Belichick's devious plan is working. Last year it was meriweather, this year ihedigbo.

Go UMass!!!

Maybe he can play for the Saints after the Ravens cut him.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 1m
Hoping it isn't serious for former Patriot. Broncos depth at center tested early. RT @MikeKlis Dan Koppen getting carted off with leg injury

Hoping it isn't serious for former Patriot. Broncos depth at center tested early. RT @MikeKlis Dan Koppen getting carted off with leg injury

Feel bad for Koppen.

Less than zero sympathy for the Donkeys.

Sorry to hear. Always liked Koppen. A massive overachiever who was one of the better centers in the league during his tenure here.

BTW, if he is gone for a long time, when will the media start talking about the Broncos' losses over all they gained. They seem to focus on adding Welker and a few others and ignoring losing Dumerville, Miller for a quarter of the season, and now maybe Koppen.

Sorry to hear. Always liked Koppen. A massive overachiever who was one of the better centers in the league during his tenure here.

BTW, if he is gone for a long time, when will the media start talking about the Broncos' losses over all they gained. They seem to focus on adding Welker and a few others and ignoring losing Dumerville, Miller for a quarter of the season, and now maybe Koppen.

They'll start talking about those losses if they have a noticeable effect on Denver's W/L ratio IMO. On paper, the Broncos look like an offensive juggernaut, and furthermore, they are led by the media's favorite QB. I'm not shocked that Denver's losses are getting glossed over.

They'll start talking about those losses if they have a noticeable effect on Denver's W/L ratio IMO. On paper, the Broncos look like an offensive juggernaut, and furthermore, they are led by the media's favorite QB. I'm not shocked that Denver's losses are getting glossed over.

OTOH, look what happened to the JEST when one of their OL starters went down. Not every team can function with a fourth-string center the way the Patriots and Scar can. :)

Judy Battista ‏@judybattista 5m
Ugh. And teams are JUST starting padded practices. RT @JayGlazer: Broncos fear Dan Koppen has torn his acl

And they had brought Koppen back because of injury at the center position. Big problem.

It will kill me to see a Pats TE cut go to the Ravens or an OL cut go to Denver

Judy Battista ‏@judybattista 5m
Ugh. And teams are JUST starting padded practices. RT @JayGlazer: Broncos fear Dan Koppen has torn his acl

Terrible news for DK, if true. Given his situation, that could be a career ender.

Terrible news for DK, if true. Given his situation, that could be a career ender.

On the plus side, he'll get paid and have one less year of football brutality for his body to recover from post football. Best wishes to a fine ex-Pat.

And they had brought Koppen back because of injury at the center position. Big problem.

It will kill me to see a Pats TE cut go to the Ravens or an OL cut go to Denver

Well the first half has sort of come true in that they've signed Shiancoe to a one year deal.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
Visanthe Shiancoe got one-year standard deal for veteran minimum of $940,000. Vested veteran so guaranteed if on roster first week

Shiancoe to Ravens ... good luck with that.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m View translation
Tests confirmed Broncos C Dan Koppen tore his ACL, as @Jeff_Legwold reported.

Ouch........

That really sucks for Koppen. He's had miserable luck with injuries the last few years, and I always felt bad that that was how his Patriots tenure ended. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and ultimately end his career on his terms.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back