NFL Thursday Night ratings went up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Twitter audience spikes for second Thursday Night Football effort

For Twitter, the spike was significant. The average audience for Texans-Patriots via the prominent (anti)social media platform was 327,000. That’s an increase of 34 percent over the Week 2 Thursday night game between the Jets and Bills.

The TV numbers also were strong, with a 14-percent increase over Week Two and a four-percent climb over the Week Three Thursday night game (Washington-Giants) from 2015.

tumblr_lwzx7qdUtc1r4ddzz.gif

Of course, I watched... but now I feel a little guilty about the ratings... that should count for something. o_O

The Pats are a ratings draw...and so is Tom Brady. For whatever reason...whether its because we have a top 3-4 fanbase in the country or because everyone else wants to see us get beat.

And yeah, piss off a top ten market like Boston, make them wary of wanting to turn on a non-Pats NFL game, and see how that works for national ratings.

Morons...

Was an extremely boring game, all things considered. Glad that's what the people tuning in to watch us lose received.

People tuned in to watch the patriots get beat.

Game satisfaction was thus very low nationwide. Still us against them

For once, I really don't think anti-Patriots sentiment is the story here. There isn't much "that'll take'm down a peg" satisfaction in watching a 3rd-string rookie QB get beaten.

In fact, I think it's the opposite. Roger Goodell has performed a miracle: after years of nationwide Patriots fatigue, he's turned the Pats back into fascinating, scrappy underdogs.

"How will the Patriots manage this time?" has become the most compelling storyline in the NFL. The refrain in both mainstream and social media is how utterly amazing and resilient this team and coach are in the face of unfair efforts to knock them down. That beats pretty much any other matchup out there for sheer drama.

I was AT the game. I don't remember being "bored" for one second. Stayed til the final second ticked off the clock.
Agreed Joker! My friend & I stayed until the end. My husband said, wasn't the game kind of boring? Nope! Even though it ended up being a blowout, it didn't "feel" that way at all, since the Texans might actually wake up any moment and make it a game. Then my friend wanted to stay and cheer for the Pats at the end for the great job they did.

The Patriots are a draw, and people are interested to see how they handle the QB situation.

How's that "boycott" going?

I was AT the game. I don't remember being "bored" for one second. Stayed til the final second ticked off the clock.

Well according to my "son is bouncing off the wall" meter the game was rather exciting.

My 9 year old had his Patriot stuff on and football in hand (almost busted a mirror during one of his "replays") and was standing on top of the couch, on the couch, bouncing over the table .....

Anyways watching a game in which was a "sure loss" or at least close and having it turn into a Texan size embarrassment is never boring.

But wait, I thought someone said there was a NFL boycott against Kaepernick, and I was told it was succeeding?!?! :eek::eek::eek:

LOL

But wait, I thought someone said there was a NFL boycott against Kaepernick, and I was told it was succeeding?!?! :eek::eek::eek:

LOL

No one cares enough about that irrelevant backup to boycott. The boycott I was referring to was those on this forum who claimed they wouldn't watch the first 4 games.

"How will the Patriots manage this time?" has become the most compelling storyline in the NFL. The refrain in both mainstream and social media is how utterly amazing and resilient this team and coach are in the face of unfair efforts to knock them down. That beats pretty much any other matchup out there for sheer drama.
I agree. I think they tuned in to watch the patriots get theirs...you know people had negative stories ready to go. But, this might be that point where many people have flipped the switch to say, BB (and coaches) really is doing something special with this team.

Kinda like Rocky I, where he keeps taking hits but doesn't fall down (like in I, but with a IV ending)

No one cares enough about that irrelevant backup to boycott. The boycott I was referring to was those on this forum who claimed they wouldn't watch the first 4 games.

Wasn't talking about you.

I was referencing to @mosslost's thread

Was an extremely boring game, all things considered. Glad that's what the people tuning in to watch us lose received.

My youngest son and I watched and enjoyed the whole damn game immensely. Every play. Laughed our ***es off at Blount's end zone Minutemen selfie!

Edit: Also after Brisket's TD run, my Jets fan BIL texted: "The Pats will never lose again." LOL

For once, I really don't think anti-Patriots sentiment is the story here. There isn't much "that'll take'm down a peg" satisfaction in watching a 3rd-string rookie QB get beaten.

In fact, I think it's the opposite. Roger Goodell has performed a miracle: after years of nationwide Patriots fatigue, he's turned the Pats back into fascinating, scrappy underdogs.

Somehow I dont think Goody has the mental capacity to orchestrate such a maneuver. Nor do I think he would be so inclined to do so.

Somehow I dont think Goody has the mental capacity to orchestrate such a maneuver. Nor do I think he would be so inclined to do so.

Oh heavens no, it wasn't intentional. But the same league that thinks that moving the touchback line to the 25 will lead to fewer kick returns can easily get their Patriots revenge backwards, too.

Other posters nailed it. They turned in to see the Pats (finally) lose without Brady. Awwwwwwwwww.

Agreed Joker! My friend & I stayed until the end. My husband said, wasn't the game kind of boring? Nope! Even though it ended up being a blowout, it didn't "feel" that way at all, since the Texans might actually wake up any moment and make it a game. Then my friend wanted to stay and cheer for the Pats at the end for the great job they did.
I only watched on TV, but I didn't start to relax until Blount scored towards the end of the third quarter and didn't really relax until they were three scores up. I guess I just couldn't believe what I was watching and thought that the Texans would eventually show up.

Good point...talk about the "Law of Unintended Consequences!" The 32 thought they were going to humiliate the Pats and instead turned them into "scrappy underdogs." Even the guys at my corner store here in Manhattan (Jets fans who hate the Pats) told me this morning, "You gotta respect what they do."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes