PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL: The Forgotten Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikey said:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...ul02,0,4652229.story?coll=bal-sports-football

The NFL's forgotten players

Before million-dollar contracts, the NFL's pioneers took the field. Today, many are scraping by financially, their benefits an embarrassment to a lucrative league.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...ul02,0,7933619.story?coll=bal-sports-football

Three who have Struggled ...
It has long been rumored that Upshaw cares little about the vets who made the NFL...It is truly disgusting that the NFLPA has done this...it's rather embarrassing..A good article..and brings all into focus...

Seeing as most NFL players aren't Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, making super-star salaries, I think it would behoove the NFL to provide some sort of money management scheme or classes, on top of giving a better pension plan. Plenty of guys get their first paycheck and it's more money than they've ever really thought about having, so they have no idea how to smartly handle it. anybody who's ever made even half a million a year should never be in need of pension.

I'm just writing to give this a bump. I think it is important to remember these men. I also believe it is important to have a better system to teach the young kids to better appreciate the gift they have been given today.

The NFL currently has a program in place for rookies that teaches them how to invest, how to act in public, and things like that ... Cris Carter was very involved (not sure if he still is) with this program when Moss was coming into the league ... and, yes, it is mandatory!

I agree this is an important issue....and Upshaw the Prez of the player's union cares little about these players..THAT is totally appalling!!!
I think Carter is involved still in that program...which is really something very important going forward.
THAT though has zero to do with the forgotten players...who made the NFL great and thus, helped make it what it is today..they are just pushed aside and away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back