Welcome to PatsFans.com

NFL: The Forgotten Players

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mikey, Jul 3, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

It has long been rumored that Upshaw cares little about the vets who made the NFL...It is truly disgusting that the NFLPA has done this...it's rather embarrassing..A good article..and brings all into focus...
  3. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Seeing as most NFL players aren't Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, making super-star salaries, I think it would behoove the NFL to provide some sort of money management scheme or classes, on top of giving a better pension plan. Plenty of guys get their first paycheck and it's more money than they've ever really thought about having, so they have no idea how to smartly handle it. anybody who's ever made even half a million a year should never be in need of pension.
  4. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm just writing to give this a bump. I think it is important to remember these men. I also believe it is important to have a better system to teach the young kids to better appreciate the gift they have been given today.
  5. lusdawg

lusdawg Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The NFL currently has a program in place for rookies that teaches them how to invest, how to act in public, and things like that ... Cris Carter was very involved (not sure if he still is) with this program when Moss was coming into the league ... and, yes, it is mandatory!
  6. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree this is an important issue....and Upshaw the Prez of the player's union cares little about these players..THAT is totally appalling!!!
    I think Carter is involved still in that program...which is really something very important going forward.
    THAT though has zero to do with the forgotten players...who made the NFL great and thus, helped make it what it is today..they are just pushed aside and away.