PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL tells Jonathan Vilma that Gregg Williams ratted him out

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the most interesting parts are that the system was there before Williams got there.. Pay for cart offs and stuff was added later. But the big one I think is that no bonuses were paid for plays that penalties were called... Including illegal hits. Only clean hits got bonuses. If what this says is true the whole system seems a lot less barbaric.

Not sure it makes it much better, system is still reprehensible the way I read it

Cripple a player legally - Big Bonus
Cripple a player illegally - no bonus and small fine that is added to the pool
Cripple a player regardless - as you can always get your fine back next time

It a bit like Free Parking in Monopoly

This is a link to Cerullo's affadavit. Pretty much tracks Williams although Williams spent time explaining why he didn't think he was doing anything worse than breaking the pay for play rule. Just upping the ante. Both statements track the basic facts. Vilma offered the $10K twice, once for Favre and again for Warner. Fujita and others jumped in to offer to add to the kitty after Vilma's dramatic offer was made. Vitt was well aware and told Hargrove to lie if questioned. Cerullo was eventually tasked with destroying any and all evidence. Only question seems to be what happened to the $10K...LOL

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/michael-cerullo.pdf

A deposition proclaiming the truth is not ratting on anybody. Lying is not an option. If you've done something that requires lying to protect you then tough **** for you. Don't do that. The little conspiracy is over. The protection racket broke down. What do you think Williams' options were after thumbing his nose at the league for years and finally getting caught? You think he should have lied again?

And what's worse is that nobody in this thread is pissed off at Vilma. You all got pissed off at Pollard, but not Vilma for doing it intentionally. You are truly confused. If you don't like the idea of your guy getting whacked by the NFL mafia then why would ***** about Greg Williams who came out with it a day late and dollar short? I mean the racket is history by that time and Vilma should have (Please be quiet - edited) and taken it like a man. He is supposedly a man, right?

Because that's not what this thread is about. There have been other threads about Vilma, and plenty of people have expressed their disgust with him there.

What benefit is it to Williams to rat him out? He's already suspended indefinitely
The league had to have required the deposition to shut up Vilma's pit bulls. The deposition only put in writing what he told them long ago. He didn't really have many options. He either confirms in writing what he told them verbally, or he is then Enemy Number One of the NFL, possibly to be sued.

What is this, the politically correct censorship hour?

Pathetic. Thanks, but I decline to "be quiet", whatever the hell that means.

Those 4 letters get autochanged

There's plenty of Bountygate related threads where public ire has been directed toward the implicated Saints players.
I'm commenting on the word "rat" in the subject. The word implies that Greg Williams did something reprehensible against Vilma. I would assume the OP thinks Greg Williams did something wrong because he didn't protect a scum bag who should not be protected. Not my fault that the OP chose that word or believes that Williams did something reprehensible.

Last edited:
I'm commenting on the word "rat" in the subject. The word implies that Greg Williams did something reprehensible against Vilma. I would assume the OP thinks Greg Williams did something wrong because he didn't protect a scum bag who should not be protected. Not my fault that the OP chose that word or believes that Williams did something reprehensible.
My opinion is they are all as bad as one another. It appears that every one of the named proponents in the pool deserve ridicule including Williams and Cerullo. Telling the truth under penalty of perjury shouldn't excuse them from public scorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes